• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCP Fall 2014!

Hi everyone!

I'm Kat, and this is my second time applying for DCP. I applied last year for Fall 2013 but didn't get through the online interview to the phone one :(. I graduated from Smith College last May with a double degree in Theatre Design and Engineering (I hope to be an Imagineer some day), but I am enrolled as a full time student at a local community college here in CT, both so I can supplement some career skills, and to be eligible to apply to DCP again. Right now I'm taking classes in Art, Drafting, and a baking class for fun.

My top roles are Attractions, PhotoPass, and maybe BBB, though I'm up for just about anything; I just really want to work for Disney! If there's one close enough, I'm going to go to a Character audition, since I'm the right height for some (including princesses), though maybe perhaps a bit too...round for most. Always worth a shot though, as I do love performing and have been doing theatre since I was about 9.

Hi everyone :)

My name is Jenny and I am currently a senior at elmhurst college majoring in communications. I'm a fall 2014 hopeful (i'm applying for Disney World). I have a wide variety of roles that I am interested in but my main ones that I am interested in are attractions, photopass and merchandise. I'm anxiously awaiting the application to come out. Does anyone know if it is still suppose to be released in early february? I saw someone talking about having just applied for the college program. I think they might have been applying for another aspect of the program but I wasn't sure.

also my twitter and instagram names are both Jazzyjen508. both accounts are very disney friendly :).

Hi, I'm Elizabeth and I'll be graduating this spring from Indiana University. I applied for the CP once before but didn't make it to the phone interview. I'm hopeful things will go better this time. I would love to work in Attractions or Merchandise, but I would honestly take just about anything!

Hey y'all, I'm Lee. I'm graduating from UTC in Chattanooga, TN this Spring and am applying for the Fall 2014 internship. I'm hoping to be able to work in the hospitality side of WDW. I'm originally from Memphis TN and am an entrepreneurship major. Getting into the program would be the best graduation present I could ever dream of getting! I know several people that have gone through the program and loved it, which made me want to do the program even more!

Hello, my name is Kailey and I am a Sophomore at Pierce College. I am currently undecided in my major but I'm leaning towards either ASL or some sort of Leadership position. I have loved disney since I was born and it has been a dream of mine to work for them. In fact, I like to think I was born with a little disney magic inside me! As a CP job I'd like to be a Character Attendant, a Character Performer, a PhotoPass Photographer, or work on an attraction. Also I will be applying for WDW as my location. I am excited to meet all of the other disney people on this thread!

Hi everyone!

My name is Kelly, I am a senior at DePauw University (small liberal arts school in Greencastle,IN--not DePaul in Chicago haha) and I am counting down the days until the DCP application opens! I am really glad I found this and finally joined DIS Boards--so I'm a newbie, bear with me!
I am a Communication major and Spanish minor. I have wanted to do the program since I was a freshman, but realized it made more sense for me to do this after graduation, as I'd love to work for Disney as a career!

My top roles include: BBB, character attendant, merchandise and attractions. Still figuring out the order, but BBB is definitely number one. If I can go into entertainment as a dancer that would be amazing too, but focusing more on these roles first. I'd also like to enroll in the Disney Exploration series seminars, so if anyone has info on that or is also interested, let me know!

I've done lots of research on the interview process, so I think it's going to feel very surreal going through it on my own!

Any insight you all have would be fantastic :)

Can't wait for the start of a magical experience!

Hi everyone!

My name is Kelly, I am a senior at DePauw University (small liberal arts school in Greencastle,IN--not DePaul in Chicago haha) and I am counting down the days until the DCP application opens! I am really glad I found this and finally joined DIS Boards--so I'm a newbie, bear with me!
I am a Communication major and Spanish minor. I have wanted to do the program since I was a freshman, but realized it made more sense for me to do this after graduation, as I'd love to work for Disney as a career!

Don't worry, I'm a newbie on this website as well! We can be newbies together!

Hi everyone! My name is Lisa. I'm a senior at the University of Kansas majoring in Journalism with an emphasis in strategic communication along with a minor in business. I'm thinking about applying for WDW DCP and PI programs for this fall. I've wanted to do the program since I was a freshman in college but chose to wait until graduation instead of taking a semester off of school. Looking forward to chatting on here with you all!

Hey, I'm Logan I graduated from Penn State in December with a degree in Corporate Communications. My cousin did the fall 2013 program and I just spent her last week with her and drove the 16 hours back home with her, where all she wanted to do was turn around and go back. Just hearing her stories and getting part of the experience was amazing. I plan on applying for Fall 2014 for Custodial, Attractions, or Photopass.

Hi!

I'm Alexis, I'm currently a sophomore at Tulane University, a theatre major with an interest in studying marine biology. I have known about the college program for a while now, and I have known a few people to go through it. I am super excited that I am finally getting my chance to apply. My dream has always been to be Tinkerbell, however, at 5 feet 3 inches, I fear I may be just an inch too tall :sad:, but, I am really just excited about the chance to work at Disney! Has anyone done it before? Any advice about auditions?

Hey everyone! I'm Kayla, and I'm new to the boards. I'm a senior at Union University in Jackson, TN! I'm an accounting major and will definitely be applying for the Fall 2014 program! :cool1: Like many of you, I've loved and visited Disney all my life and would love to have the opportunity to work for them.
Right now, my top roles are Concierge, Hospitality, and Vacation Planner. I also wouldn't mind Attractions or Merchandise!

Hey guys! I'm Grace and I'm a freshman at University of New Mexico studying International Studies. I'm looking at applying for the fall advantage 2014! I would want to do either Concierge or Attractions. :D

Hey guys! I am Marisa and I am a Freshman in college studying Hospitality & Tourism at University of North Carolina at Greensboro. I am actually doing the College Program for Spring Advantage 2014 in Merchandise! If any of you have questions about the program or the application process feel free to ask me!

I am hoping to extend into Fall 2014 so hopefully I will see some of you there! :)

Hey Marisa! My name is Taylor and I actually follow you on like vine and twitter! lol That sounds sorta creepy :scared: but congrats for getting in! I can't wait till apps come out :goodvibes:goodvibes

Hey guys!:)

My name is Caitlin and I am a third year math education major. I have already applied twice and got to the phone interview but got turned down, so I really hope that I get in for Fall 2014. My top roles would be vacation planner, attractions, and merchandise, but I would just love the opportunity to get to be a Disney cast member. I'm thinking of going to a character audition as well since I'm pretty close to most of the places they hold auditions.

Hey, everyone! I'm Caitlin and I'm going to a community college in Illinois. I am applying for the Fall Adv 2014. I lived in Florida for 12 years and my family and I would choose one of the parks (Universal/Islands of Adventure, Disney Parks, etc.) almost every weekend during school then all the time during the summer! Sadly had to move back to Illinois during 7th grade. I am in my second semester as a Freshman in college. I want to go through the DCP because I miss FLA too much and I'm not entirely sure what I want to go to school for. Hopefully the DCP will provide me with some insight? I have been reading the discussion boards and the DCP website since maybe 9th grade or so. So, as you can tell, I have wanted to do this for a while lol. Anyway, best of luck to everyone who is thinking of applying! Apps open in a little less than half a month!! (Well, we might not know the exact date, but it's within the first two weeks of Feb!)

Hopefully some of us will meet down at Disney!

Oh, and my top 4 choices are Attractions, Main Entrance Ops, Recreation, and Merch!

Hi, my name is Virgilia and I'm a senior Japanese major. I'm actually from Germany so I've pretty much wanted nothing more in my whole life than to go to WDW, and by doing the DCP I'll finally get the chance! I actually applied for the DCP last year and got accepted but unfortunately had to turn it down. My top choices are character attendant, bbb/pl, recreation and vacation planner. Last year I got recreation~ I also plan to audition for character performer because why not?! Since I've never been I guess I don't really have a dream location either, I'll be pretty stoked for anything! Can't wait for applications to come out :D

Oh and I'll also be applying for some PIs~

Hey guys! My name is Allison and I'm a sophomore at East Tennessee State University. I am studying early childhood development. I am applying for the 2014 fall advantage program. I have applied a couple of times and unfortunately was pended and NLICd both times :( but I have a great feeling about this year! I am so excited to get to know everyone! :)

Hey guys! My name is Shelby, I'm attending a community college in California. I will be a sophomore in fall 2014. My major is psychology (YAY). My top roles are Concierge, Merchandise, and well... I haven't decided on my last one yet :D

SUPER EXCITED. I have been studying interview questions for the last few months and that seems to have helped me quite a bit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter