• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCP- Bucket list help! :)

laurenburnett

Earning My Ears
-DCP 2015-
~ A dream come true~

When I was younger we would go to Disney and I remember walking under the castle wishing I could live there. Fast forward a couple years and now I'm living the dream. The only problem I need more adventure ideas!
Name: Lauren
Favorite Princess: Belle, Aroura, and Rapunzel
Job: Merchandise
Favorite Disney movie: Lilo and Stitch

Hi! My names Lauren and I'm officially a DCP for Walt Disney World. I started January 19 and wanted to do a little report about my time so far! I would love to find more bucket list items to do while I'm here. I've almost completed mine(it wasn't very big) so any help would be much appreciated! And here is a little about my experience so far. :):tinker:
I first applied for the program in September (a month after apps opened) for a while I was to scared to hope I would get in. I finally decided I was not accepted. I hadn't heard anything I'm a freshmen. I thought that there was no way they could pick me.
We went in to October and I started picking my classes for spring semester when one day an email popped up. CONGRATULATIONS! I read that at the top and got so excited!!
I'm now currently sitting in Mk sipping Starbucks and writing this!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's spring 2015 and I am in the role merchandise at the beautiful Polynesian! Last night I enjoyed the Spirit of Aloha (which I would recommend to anyone!) but now I have a little bit of free time and I don't know what to add to my bucket list, so if anyone has any ideas if love to hear it!

It's been a while since I've been to Disney World, so any picture spots, bucket list ideas, or restaurants would be lovely to hear about! Thanks:) ::MickeyMo
My Instagram: lauren_burnett_

My favorite part of our recent trip was meeting Anna and Elsa, but I am a huge Frozen fan and love Anna! lol. Meet all the characters and ride all the rides. ;) Have fun!!

My DD was Merchandise for Fall 2013-- Congratulations on a great role! Since Merchandise can trade to other locations with few restrictions, one of her Bucket List items was to work in every park in as many different locations as she could. She didn't think of it until November and was really sorry she didn't start sooner. She loved every location she worked at and got to know a lot of different areas of the World!

Enjoy your CP!

I just finished my DCP in January, and some of the best things I did were (nearly) completing the Kitchen Sink with my roommates, meeting most of the princesses in one day, memorizing the Festival of Fantasy parade (oh yes, it obviously comes in handy!), and really just enjoying every second of it. Your time will FLY by, and before you know, it will be over. So eat those cake pops and ride SDMT too many times because it's the best time of your life.

Explore World Showcase--a lot of people overlook it because of the lack of rides, but it's absolutely amazing to just explore it!
Do a VIP tour if budget allows
Check out other attractions in FL--St. Augustine, the beach, Key West, Tampa. Florida has A LOT to offer outside of the theme parks, grab some friends and check out the surrounding areas
Cross off some resorts--Grab a friend or two, apply the CM discount, split the cost and stay at a deluxe resort you wouldn't be able to afford normally. It's a great way to check off some of those awesome (but more expensive) resorts! My first CP, a friend and I split the cost to stay at WL, and it was so much fun.
Enjoy going to the parks as much as possible--it won't be often in life where going to a Disney park will be your cheap/free entertainment ;).
Try to ride every ride at least once during your CP--this includes everything from It's a Small World to Mission Space!

If you are a certified SCUBA diver, check out DiveQuest at Epcot. Seriously, one of the best dives I've ever done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter