DCL without kids

klfrech

DIS Veteran
We are empty nesters who have done WDW more times than we can count (and have loved every trip). We are now considering a 3 day cruise. We've always been intrigued by DCL.

Anyone else without kids enjoy a Disney cruise?

We are empty nesters who have done WDW more times than we can count (and have loved every trip). We are now considering a 3 day cruise. We've always been intrigued by DCL.

Yes - all 10 of them.

Our Hawaii cruise was DH & I, DH's mom and her husband; DH's sister and her husband.

All adult cruises.

We did take our "kids" on our 4th & 5th cruises, but the youngest was 19 at the time, so, really, all adults.

Still cruising DCL.

We have kids and have taken them on 4 DCL cruises, but we have left them home twice and cruised DCL without them! It is wonderful!!! I always see empty nesters onboard when I cruise DCL. There are so many adult spaces on the ship that you could pretty much never even see kids if you don't want to.

Fellow empty nesters here. 6 DCL cruises and counting. Love them! Highly recommend cruise as adults only.

2 DCL cruises with kids and 15 DCL cruises without kids and no plans to stop.

We will be leaving teenager home (w/ grandparents) on our next cruise. DH and I are looking forward to our adult only vacation.

No kids and we cruise DCL. People ask us why, but then they cruise with us and they are converts.

We have kids and have taken them on 4 DCL cruises, but we have left them home twice and cruised DCL without them! It is wonderful!!! I always see empty nesters onboard when I cruise DCL. There are so many adult spaces on the ship that you could pretty much never even see kids if you don't want to.

That is stretching it some what...lol

Consider a 4 night to get a little less of the hectic, screaming kid thing. We cruise all the time and either as a couple or with our adult son. It's fantastic!

We'll do either a 3 or 4 night.

What types of activities do adults do during the day?

How is the internet service? I realize you pay for it, but how consistent is it?

How is the internet service? I realize you pay for it, but how consistent is it?

I found that the internet was slower than on land, but it was very consistent. You pay per megabyte used, not by time like other cruise lines. If you try logging on the first day of your cruise, they will give you 50 MBs free. I logged on once per day to post pictures on Instagram and send a quick email to home and I never came close to 50 MBs.

YES! Last Disney cruise we took with our DD it was on The Big Red Boat. We love the ships adult only areas and Serenity Bay on CC.

We too did The Big Red Boat!

We cruised this past summer without kids on Royal (with other adults).

This time it will just be DH and myself. We're thinking a few days at US first and than some relaxation.

The Wife and I did a three day years ago before we had kids. Loved it and we had so much fun. We felt like kids again getting our pictures with all the characters. The staff is well trained to make you feel at home with or without kids.

Nine DCL cruises, no children. All cruises we sat with others at dinner who either didn't have children or they were grown (and not on ship).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter