DCL Web Site

jeppler

Mouseketeer
Is there any hope that Disney might eventually hire someone who can write a working web site? Latest rant, after logging into the Castaway Club and viewing my cruises I wanted to see our current reservation for next year. OK, click on the number like it says. Now directed to another login screen asking AGAIN for user ID and password, birthday and reservation number.

If I'm not mistaken, all of that could have been pulled from my record when I logged into the CC club. And if you enter all of that again, there's only a 50-50 chance you will get to the page you wanted anyway...grrr..rant...

Yes that is how it use to work. I'm afraid that wish is going to take a TON of pixie dust to accomplish. ;)

Yes, it has a terrible interface and structure...I can't imagine what the back end of the site looks like. Such a surprise from a company that prides itself on customer experience and attention to detail!

Ugh... it's a huge pet peeve to me too... but I figured it bothers me more because I AM a web developer. :)

I hate how SLOW it is. They not only need web developers, but they need database admins too. Who is writing that software?

The site is just the worst. Not intuitive at all and so often it isn't working. It's really unfortunate that they can't/don't make it more functional.

The site is just the worst. Not intuitive at all and so often it isn't working. It's really unfortunate that they can't/don't make it more functional.

As much as we'd like to believe that Disney loves its customers, it's always about the $$, always!. Someone has done the calculation that the web site works "good enough" for what they've invested in it and they don't need to spend any more money making it better. Sad.

Maybe we ought to stop using the web site and call DCL with any and all issues, day and night. Then tell them why you're not using the site.

I don't think it is a matter of whether they can look up your birthday, but I think that they are adding a layer of security before you can get into the details of your reservation.

As much of a pain as it is, I am actually glad they have the extra layer because there is a lot of personal information available once you go through the online check in.

DCL is beyond a doubt the worst website I use with any regularity. That said, I can offer two suggestions:

1) Login before you try to do anything. And then get your reservation if you are trying to do anything pertaining to a particular cruise. It loses it's brain if forced to verify your identity in any way.

2) Bookmark useful pages. Trying to navigate through the website is a nightmare. I finally gave up and have three or four of the pages I always visit bookmarked.

By using both of these tricks I've more or less ended the hair-pulling bouts of frustration I used to experience.

It's really unfortunate that they can't/don't make it more functional.

I think they think that's what they are working on, and have been since Fall of last year.

Is there any hope that Disney might eventually hire someone who can write a working web site? Latest rant, after logging into the Castaway Club and viewing my cruises I wanted to see our current reservation for next year. OK, click on the number like it says. Now directed to another login screen asking AGAIN for user ID and password, birthday and reservation number.

If I'm not mistaken, all of that could have been pulled from my record when I logged into the CC club. And if you enter all of that again, there's only a 50-50 chance you will get to the page you wanted anyway...grrr..rant...

OP once you had looked at the first cruises, did you click on Retrieve another Reservation? That's one that wants the info again.

Instead, go back to Castaway Club, My Cruises, and you should then be able to just click on the number. Of course, the time that takes is likely the same time it would take to use the Retrieve link and enter in the info.

If that IS what you did, going back to the Club page, that's not how it has behaved for me. It was probably just a glitch at the time that isn't showing up now. That's what we've all been dealing with for over half a year now, as their IT dept "feverishly" works to enhance our experience (and give us ulcers).

DCL is beyond a doubt the worst website I use with any regularity. That said, I can offer two suggestions:

1) Login before you try to do anything. And then get your reservation if you are trying to do anything pertaining to a particular cruise. It loses it's brain if forced to verify your identity in any way.

2) Bookmark useful pages. Trying to navigate through the website is a nightmare. I finally gave up and have three or four of the pages I always visit bookmarked.

By using both of these tricks I've more or less ended the hair-pulling bouts of frustration I used to experience.

good tips, thanks. I've been dealing with the DCL site since 2003 and I recall it being smoother in the beginning. It may be the traffic it now handles and all the cute multimedia stuff they incorporate...

I don't think it is a matter of whether they can look up your birthday, but I think that they are adding a layer of security before you can get into the details of your reservation.

As much of a pain as it is, I am actually glad they have the extra layer because there is a lot of personal information available once you go through the online check in.

OK, then the popup form should just ask for my birthday. That would be good security. It asks for user and p/w info I'd already given and asks for the reservation number that I JUST CLICKED ON! It's not well conceived...

I would like to take a moment to point out that the site is MUCH better than it used to be.....IF you can imagine that!!!:lmao:

I can't get into my reservation AT ALL this morning. I tried an hour and a half ago before I left for work and just tried now. If the site is down for maintenance - SAY THAT, don't just keep sending me back to the log in page.

It's extremely frustrating :furious:

I can't get into my reservation AT ALL this morning. I tried an hour and a half ago before I left for work and just tried now. If the site is down for maintenance - SAY THAT, don't just keep sending me back to the log in page.

It's extremely frustrating :furious:

Same here. I was hoping for a stateroom gty assignment this morning, but I can't even log in. :rolleyes2

I'm in the same boat (ship?) as everyone else. Finally clicked on HELP and shot off an email regarding the Disneycruise site. At least they know I'm displeased (along with everyone else).

There reservation locking system is a joke with session tracking.
Note: I don't recommend any one doing this.

Their system locks up a booking for 1/2 hour when you just look for a specific cabin. So if you are quick enough you could lock up a whole ships inventory with a simple web script. Big DOS(Denial Of Service) attack whole.

Just wanted to say from a media standpoint, it offers the best way to select a room I have ever seen for booking a cruise. I have never seen on CCL were you can see a floorplan schematic of your room or virtual tour that nice. So kudos to them for that part of the feature

Just wanted to say from a media standpoint, it offers the best way to select a room I have ever seen for booking a cruise. I have never seen on CCL were you can see a floorplan schematic of your room or virtual tour that nice. So kudos to them for that part of the feature

Yes, that is nice! :wizard:

OK, then the popup form should just ask for my birthday. That would be good security. It asks for user and p/w info I'd already given and asks for the reservation number that I JUST CLICKED ON! It's not well conceived...

If you clicked on the number from Castaway page, that's not how it was working for me or has worked for me. I think it's a "working on the website" glitch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter