• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL Transport WDW to Port

Kona2012

Earning My Ears
Has anyone used DCL transportation when going from WDW resort to the port for a cruise? How was your experience? What time did you get picked up and what time did you arrive at port? I know I can book a private transfer for less (there are 6 of us) but I also like the convenience of using Disney's transportation. We are definitely going to utilize it for the port to MCO since we can then use onboard check in.
Thanks so much for your help.
Debbie

DCL transfers pick-up at WDW resorts usually sometime between 11:00am - 1:00pm. You'll be given the exact time for your pick-up the day before. Each bus may pick-up from as many as 3 resorts, so how long it takes you to get to port can vary depending on how many people get on at your resort, whether you are the first, second or third stop, and if there are other stops to make after you get on the bus. Once you are on your way, travel time to the port is less than an hour. Arrival at Port Canaveral is typically between 12:30-2:00pm.

Enjoy your cruise!

if it's your first Disney cruise, it's pretty cool to use DCL transportation. it's comfortable, easy, and adds to the excitement as you are on the bus with other cruise goers. it's especially cool when you see the ship for the first time! with the pick up time at the resort, you'll get on the ship a little bit later than if you took private transportation. but that's ok.

enjoy the cruise, it will be great

It's my fifth Disney cruise (4 Dream cruises and 1 Wonder Alaska) and we have arrived in different ways in the past, never by DCL transport. We are staying concierge so part of the problem with Disney transport is the late arrival since we can board with group 1.
Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to get private transfer for the way there and DCL to the airport after.
Debbie

I like the convenience of Dcl transportation but from WDW I don't thikmim happy with what everyone says the arrival time at port is.

What/who is the recommendation for private transfers... Suggestions please.

Never Say Never

We love Happy Limo!!! Our family of 8 has used them twice and plan to next time. The drivers are friendly and on time. The vans are clean.

When we are a party of six we always rent a car. the price tag of $420 for the bus round trip is expensive. We have always lucked out and rented a car and even parked it on the lot for less than the cost of the bus. We generally like to get a PAT of 10:30, but since you are boarding group 1, PAT isn't an issue for you.

We are presently signed up for Disney Transportation from Grand Floridian to the Port. I didn't realize they would pick us up that late. We have a 10:30am boarding time, looks like there is no way will get there by that time. I may change it now. Has anyone used Uber to get from WDW to the port?

We are presently signed up for Disney Transportation from Grand Floridian to the Port. I didn't realize they would pick us up that late. We have a 10:30am boarding time, looks like there is no way will get there by that time. I may change it now. Has anyone used Uber to get from WDW to the port?

Hi. Have you researched anything else about Uber. I just came on here to do a search about them. We do not use Disney Transportation to get to Port. They come way too late for us. I rather wait to get in the terminal and then wait inside than at the hotel. We usually take FL Tours but started to look at other options. We usually sail with our families but this trip it's just my mom and me so seeing what else we can do. FL Tours is $250 from GFV-Port and Port-MCO. I want a pick up time for 9:00 am.
You don't happen to be leaving on September 14 on the Dream? We are at GFV too and going on the Dream September 14. I wanted to see about Uber. I'll keep checking.

For 6 people I'd go with something else besides DCL due to price and getting the time you get to the port being at their mercy. Only used them once from BWV, didn't get to the port until 2PM, felt too rushed getting there too late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter