DCL transfers

lauritagoddess

Doin' the Plush Rush
Sorry if these are common repeat questions, but I've tried search and keep getting a service unavailable screen.

We're planning on coming in a day before the cruise and staying at a WDW resort. How does this work with DME and DCL? Do you take DME from MCO to WDW and then the next morning take the DCL transfer to Port Canaveral? When I call the CRO to let them know the arrival flight for DME, do I let them know then that I'll be using the DCL bus the next morning or do I let DCL know or both? Do I need to give DCL my flight information for the arriving flight or just for the departing flight? Can I check my bags through at the terminal like you can with DME if you're taking a participating airline and what are the participating airlines?

Sorry for all the questions, but thanks for any help. I already have us booked for a 11/15/07 cruise but am seriously considering one now for 2/17/07 and want to get cracking on it and am trying to work out how this all works. Thanks!!! :)

You call and arrange for DME to pick you up at the airport. Then you call DCL separately to arrange for transportation to and from the port..WHICH YOU HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED THROUGH DCL. DCL picks up only at certain (land/sea participating) resorts and Animal Kingdom. Just going from memory they are Grand Floridian, Beach Club, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Swan, Dolphin, Port Orleans & Caribbean Beach. If you are staying at another WDW resort, or off property, you need to get a taxi to one of these locations.

Yes, there are some airlines that have arrangements whereby you can check you luggage at PC, I don't know who those are, so hopefully someone can answer that for you. DCL will want to know your departing flight information.

EDITED: Here's the DCL # to call 800-395-9374

part two.

Also, be careful with your luggage tags. You'll want the Magical Express tags on your luggage when you leave home. The morning you are departing WDW to Port Canaveral, be sure you've changed to the DCL tags! ::yes::

Thanks for the info, especially the reminder that DCL only picks up at certain resorts. I haven't booked yet, but we'll probably be staying at ASMo, so will need to take a cab.

A few more questions :) You can refuse their ground transfers, and save $59 per person, and still use ME as your airport to resort option for free. That's what we are planning. However -- has anyone used DCL transportation from boat back to the airport ONLY -- will they reduce the cost? :confused3 I really want to use our own transportation service from resort to boat so we won't get there so late. There are 4 of us. THanks for help/advice :thumbsup2

ColoradoMom!! said:
However -- has anyone used DCL transportation from boat back to the airport ONLY -- will they reduce the cost? :confused3 I really want to use our own transportation service from resort to boat so we won't get there so late. There are 4 of us. THanks for help/advice :thumbsup2

Have not used it, but it is available at $30 pp. You can purchase while on-boad if you want...

Have not used it, but it is available at $30 pp. You can purchase while on-boad if you want...

Interesting to know. I'm trying to decide now what to do with the hotel the night before the cruise. I had wanted to stay at ASMo, but I was thinking it might just be easier to stay at Caribbean Beach and not have to have take a cab to another resort to catch the DCL. Then I was thinking maybe we would stay at ASMo and just take a towncar to Port Canaveral. How much does a towncar cost? If we could just do the DCL transfers from the port back to MCO, that might work better. :)

You can do pretty much any combination you want. ::yes::

In November we will use ME from MCO to AKL(frree). The next morning a towncar to Port C ($105 plus tip Tiffinay TownCar--if there are 4 of you it will be cheaper than DCL). Then after the cruise DCL to MCO (one way $30 per person).

May I recommend you consider Port Orleans French Quarter? It's a great pre-cruise stop because you can hop the boat down to DTD for dinner and shopping. It's a small resort, so no trouncing around from bus/boat to room/foodcourt and it is often on the the moderates that offers special rates.

Wow Jackie! Sounds like you are doing the same thing as my family -- just a week before??!!! We are at POFQ from Nov. 8-12 and on the Wonder for the 4 day Nov. 12-16th. We have NEVER been -- so give me lots of great advice. I really researched the resorts and thought FQ was the best for us! BTW, I love your line about finishing crafts :goodvibes -- sounds like me!

Can you use DCL transfers from WDW to PC for a cruise on the Magic?

I was thinking this was available for the land/sea packages. (Thursday and Sunday)

Is there a set time when the shuttles leave each resort?

I'm planning to book the Thanksgiving 2007 Magic sailing. However, I can't decide if we should stay at the MCO Hyatt or WDW the night before.

The other option is to rent a car from Budget and pick it up at the Doubletree Hotel in DTD. We booked two one-day rentals, so when we get off the cruise, DH will take the Budget shuttle from port to their office, pick-up the car and return to port for me and DD. Since our flight isn't until 2:15, we won't have to sit in the airport for hours.

May I recommend you consider Port Orleans French Quarter? It's a great pre-cruise stop because you can hop the boat down to DTD for dinner and shopping. It's a small resort, so no trouncing around from bus/boat to room/foodcourt and it is often on the the moderates that offers special rates

I hadn't really considered it. I'll have to keep this in mind. I'm bouncing back and forth now between my original plan for ASMo, Caribbean Beach and now POFQ. Is the CRO even booking rooms for Feb. 2007 yet?

cinderella_mom said:
The other option is to rent a car from Budget and pick it up at the Doubletree Hotel in DTD. We booked two one-day rentals, so when we get off the cruise, DH will take the Budget shuttle from port to their office, pick-up the car and return to port for me and DD. Since our flight isn't until 2:15, we won't have to sit in the airport for hours.
Wow--I didn't even think of this. How much is it? What time does the office open? I wonder if my hubby can get from POFQ via the little boat to DTD to pick up the car the day we sail. So you and your DD will have to wait a while at the port on the reutrn -- do they charge extra for returning it to the airport? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :confused3 I'll have to look into this. Disney transfers are $236 for the four of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter