• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL transfer bus from MCO or rental?

mom2boyz

Earning My Ears
We're still torn between taking the DCL transfer bus from Orlando airport or renting a car. Has anyone taken the transfer bus from MCO and made it in enough time to make Palo and spa reservations?

We will be staying the night before so hopefully will be getting on the first transfer bus out of the airport.

Any info on the bus situation would be appreciated, I'm afraid to miss any of the Disney experience.

thanks!!

Karen

We went on our first cruise last October and we took the DCL transfer bus. We had no problem at all and got there in plenty of time to make our reservations. I wouldn't hesitate to use it again.

I suspect the time you pickup by driving a car yourself will be lost turning the car in. But the buses leave early and often enough that if you get to the airport early, you will be at the Port long before they allow people on the ship.
We had no interest in Palo or other reservations so I can't help you there. We wanted to get there in time to walk right on the ship, get right into our cabin, dump off our carry-ons, and walk up to lunch, which is what we did.
We left the Sheraton by shuttle at 10:30 am, were on the bus by 11 am, on the way to the port by 11:15, at the port by noon, on the ship by 12:30, and eating lunch by 1 pm.

The DCL buses from MCO begin running at 9:30 AM. They seem to leave every 20 minutes or so, with the drive to Port Canaveral taking about 45 minutes. If you caught the first bus, this would get you into the cruise terminal around 10:30 0 plenty of time to check-in, board and make those reservations.

Although it is a little pricey, the DCL transfers make the trip fun and stress free.

Steve

We booked through an outside company and booked air ourselves also and we purchased the transfers for $49/person..

Does anyone know how much the transfers are from the WDW resort? Is it the same price for adults and children?:confused:

There are 6 people in our party. For our 4-night cruise, instead of using Disney transfers at $49.00 per person, I am renting a mini-van from Budget at Orlando International for $189.00, fees and taxes included and driving to the port. Parking at the port is $10.00 per day. Total- $230.00. Total for Disney Transfers $300.00

we were on the 3/20 magic, decided to rent 2 cars for 8 total people and spent a total of $160 including all taxes, tolls and a few bucks of gas. this came out to $20 per person instead of whatever disney charges.we rented from enterprise and got 2 full size cars! see the "just back from the 3/20 magic" thread to see how we got screwed in line by disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter