DCL Tervis Tumblers anoyone use it in the microwave?

justcrusin

Earning My Ears
I am the proud owner of a new DCL Tervis tumbler we just picked up on the Fantasy. Has anyone tried to put it in the microwave yet? Their website says "most" designs are microwave safe. I wanted to know for sure before I made my new favorite mug a test subject.

I would be interested to know this too. I am too chicken to put it in the microwave. I just put my coffee in a mug warm it up and pour it into my tervis cup but I am all for cutting down on dirty dishes :rotfl:

hold on let me go check.....
(no not with my DCL one, but another)

OK, here's what happened.
Put water in my Tervis glass, put microwave on Beverage setting and pushed start.
When the timer rang, I saw that the water was boiling. The glass was not hot because of the insulation.
Glass looked fine.

If your glass has any metal in the decoration, don't put it in there.

I also verified this on the Tervis website.

I know someone who used to work there so I asked him. He said the only ones that are not microwave safe are the ones with gold and silver (metallic) threads and it will say it is not microwave safe on the label. The Disney wrapped Tervis Tumblers should be fine in the microwave. Plus if anything happens to your tumbler, it has a lifetime warranty :)

Awesome. Thanks for the responses everyone. Gonna try it tomorrow. I'll let you know if it has any adverse side effects. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter