DCL Summer 2017 Megathread - Itineraries are out!

Hang in there, guys! I just got my booking...

July 9, 2017 | Disney Magic 12-Night British Isles Cruise from Dover

2 adults, category 11B (11C was unavailable as of 8:30am EST 4/13/16) $7002

In my experience, they never open 11C to the public on opening day, you just have to keep scoping for it over the next few days and then it pops up. Typically only a few bucks cheaper anyway, but we happen to like the secluded location on the legacy ships. So we typically just book the 11B and then have the TA transfer us to 11C when I see it's available.

Agreed! I was too quick with the typing, it was $200 less... $7002. My "future cruise discount" didn't apply because my last cruise was 6/2015 and you need to use within 24 months. I was expecting a discount and onboard credit but just missed it.

I am toying with the idea of using DVC points instead. Or waiting to see if the prices go down and ask for an adjustment. Or maybe re-booking with Costco next week when all the fuss is over and the phone lines are clear.

I pulled up the atomic clock and phoned in promptly at 8AM. They were having some technical difficulties pulling up the 2017 itineraries, so was on hold almost 20 minutes while they worked through the technical issues. Finally managed to book WB Panama Canal for 23 April 2017. an 11B room for my parents / brother, just under $5k with all taxes, and a 10A (SPH) room for my wife & I ($4.8K with all taxes). Whew!

Easy to say to wait for the afternoon when sometimes the pricing jumps after a couple of hours. This may be a sign that I need to cruise another line :(
What cruise are trying to book that's going to jump in price in a day? I've never seen that happen.

We got through at 5:36 - booked! :dogdance:

I wanted to ask about the southerns but my husband ended up taking the call while I was in the shower... he has to be at work at 6 so there was no time for him to dilly dally. Sorry everyone. :guilty:

Disney pricing is dynamic, which means the prices tomorrow will likely be different than they are on Thursday. Prices can change quickly so posting a specific number could make people angry when they call and can't get that price. Disney does sometimes say something like "starting at," but I didn't see it this time.

So I know this is how it works but then how does it work with a travel agent? I assume to hold a price you have to pay a deposit but the travel agent has to check with the client but in the time those emails go back and forth the price could have changed.

I just put in for a quote from DU (always booked direct before) to avoid waiting on hold (I'm international and the time difference isn't ideal) but now I'm second guessing how that process could work without my confirmation to the TA - I left it too late to ask them questions on the process because I had just assumed that they would have a phone and then saw that initial contact is all email/enquiry form.

I think I DCL knows I'm cheap and sail in inside staterooms. That's why I been on hold for 58 minutes. Maybe if I was a big spender I will get on sooner.

So I know this is how it works but then how does it work with a travel agent? I assume to hold a price you have to pay a deposit but the travel agent has to check with the client but in the time those emails go back and forth the price could have changed.

A "hold" can usually be placed without a deposit for maybe up to 3 days. That gives the client time to decide whether they want it or not.

In my experience, they never open 11C to the public on opening day, you just have to keep scoping for it over the next few days and then it pops up.

It's probably not that they aren't released to the public, but are already "on hold" by Gold/Platinum cruisers who booked the prior day. Then those holds release. As noted above, a hold lasts 2-3 days.

What cruise are trying to book that's going to jump in price in a day? I've never seen that happen.

I think the British Isles cruises last year jumped during the course of one day. There have been others in the past as well.

Just picked myself up off the floor from laughing after reading the 9 night Alaska quote on the other thread. There is no way I am paying that for a 9 night cruise excluding airfare and spending when I can go to New Zealand from the UK twice for the same amount of money.

And this is from the person who did think twice about booking the Fantasyland extra morning packages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter