DCL Summer 2017 Megathread - Itineraries are out!

Last year, I rang in right at 8 and was off the line by 8:10, they were very efficient, I also knew exactly what I wanted so that helps too. :)
This year I have to see the prices first.
It helps with repeat cruisers when all your info is already in the system.

Sometimes you it also "quicker" to call the Castaway Club line, but have your CC number ready as they hold you to the tier availability.

That's what I'm worried about. If I book so early and a discount comes out or the prices drop would they adjust the price if I call? Or am I just stuck with the price I reserved when I put my deposit down?

DCL pricing doesn't work like WDW with discounts coming out every few months that can be applied to any reservation. If prices simply decrease -- a decrease in fare -- you can call and have that applied to your reservation. However, that is very rare. Most of the time what comes out "discounted" are last minute special offers such as *GT, and that required a "new" booking so you would have to cancel your current reservation (including losing stateroom, dining selection, any excursions pre-booked, etc.) with any applicable penalties and re-book at the special offer rate. Whether it is worth it depends on your initial booking and the new offer. Remember, most often prices rise from opening day rates, so those last minute specials often bring it within the same range as opening day (and sometimes the "discounted offer" is higher). How high the fares rise may depend on the season and popularity of the itinerary.

Enjoy your cruise!

Here we go - first call at 4:59 gave me nothing - silence for over a minute - so I hung up and tried again at 8 (5am my time, yuck) and it rang right away. Says longer than 15 minute wait. :surfweb:

That's the response I got also - longer then 15 minutes. Grab a cup of coffee and get comfortable.

Tried both the Castaway club number and main number...busy signals can't even get on hold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter