DCL Summer 2017 Megathread - Itineraries are out!

Well, my lack of patience got the best of me. I decided to book the Carnival Magic for a NYE cruise in Dec 2017. Kids are off, don't have to feel guilty about pulling my kid out of school to get a cheaper cruise rate. I MAY just do a 3 day Dream as a last minute cruise on a FL resident discount around October of next year during their Halloween decor...but Fantasy is out. I got I think a really good deal for a NYE cruise booking so far in advance. $500 deposit, but that's okay..no way will I get an oceanview for 1800 during a holiday break for a 7 day eastern caribbean cruise on the Fantasy...so I'll lick my wounds but not really as I saved a bunch of $$ and will be crossing off another item off my bucket list....a cruise during a NY's eve celebration! Win Win.
I hope the cruises do come out soon for the rest of you folks wanting to plan for your vacations!!
Yeah I don't think prices on the Fantasy can touch that. I go back and forth about going to Europe twice in one year. Even though I don't have to pay for flights it's still a lot of time off work, jet lag, long flights, and dog kennel fees. I've also been looking at the 11 night out of New York to Miami Thanksgiving week on the Vista. My husband is working Thanksgiving so that's looking like my second choice if I decide against Europe. My kids have never been to New York. It's nice to have so many different itinerary's at affordable prices to choose from. I'm also waiting to see what DCL is offering in Europe next June, but I have a feeling I won't like the price.

Yeah I don't think prices on the Fantasy can touch that. I go back and forth about going to Europe twice in one year. Even though I don't have to pay for flights it's still a lot of time off work, jet lag, long flights, and dog kennel fees. I've also been looking at the 11 night out of New York to Miami Thanksgiving week on the Vista. My husband is working Thanksgiving so that's looking like my second choice if I decide against Europe. My kids have never been to New York. It's nice to have so many different itinerary's at affordable prices to choose from. I'm also waiting to see what DCL is offering in Europe next June, but I have a feeling I won't like the price.
I think the 11 night would be awesome!! We're booked on the vista for a 6/3/16 Mediterranean and a 6/3/17 southern Caribbean, it's kind of cool being on the same dates 2 years in a row.

I think its a standard DCL don't know thing. 2 weeks makes it sound soon but not tomorrow.

Exactly. That's exactly right. I had to call DCL for a client regarding a totally different topic this weekend. The CM said, "Are you guys getting ready for the 2017 release??". I asked if he was hinting at a specific release date. He laughed and said that they truly have no more information than anyone else.

And that's the bottom line. Nobody knows. No matter what anyone tells you (a CM, your TA, whoever)...none of these people really know anything. Even educated guesses are difficult this time around.

if Billie Holiday were here she'd be singing...."Good morning, Monday"...'cause Monday is synonymous with heartache..............

Or The Mamas and The Papas.....Monday, Monday....can't trust that day....... Eagerly awaiting the EBPC dates for fall 2017. DH has to submit the dates to work soon. Asking for 2+ weeks is hard, the closer we get to that date, the harder it gets! And so, we wait.

Disney's a little too sensitive if you ask me. We have had terrorist attacks and mass shootings in this country. Asia has the mass stabbings. I pray I'm never in the wrong place at the right time, but I don't think Europe is any more dangerous than the US. It's just that Americans perceive it to be so that's a problem for cruiselines.

I agree -- once Oklahoma City and 9/11 happened, you realize we are just as vulnerable and traveling to other parts of the world is really no more dangerous. You can be at the wrong place at the wrong time anywhere, including a McDonald's or mall in this country :sad1:

Here is Greece and Turkey (which changed itineraries)

View attachment 161118

OMG -- ARE THESE REAL PRICES? I am hoping this is a joke? You can take a world cruise for 29+ days for less than price! I have always been amazed by Disney's prices, but who on earth is paying this? Sorry, I am just so stunned -- you could take 5 years worth of vacations for that one cruise. :eek:

OMG -- ARE THESE REAL PRICES? I am hoping this is a joke? You can take a world cruise for 29+ days for less than price! I have always been amazed by Disney's prices, but who on earth is paying this? Sorry, I am just so stunned -- you could take 5 years worth of vacations for that one cruise. :eek:

At 26K for a verandah, maybe more than 5 years of vacations.

Like many others following this thread, we started looking around. Last Friday, DH (very uncharacteristically) booked us on a 7 night, Aug 5 2016, Costa cruise out of Venice to the Adriatic coast and Greek Isles. Premier verandah cabin for 2 -- $3,003. We were able to get free airfare on Delta miles into Venice (unheard of this close to travel). The cruise is very shore intense with 6 ports but just right for the 2 of us. I still want to book the EBTA DCL for next spring to take with DGD and DGS, but this August it is the Med for us!

Whaaaaaat? You've got to be kidding us! :worried:

I've been hearing this "two weeks" quote from DCL since early last month! :headache:

C'mon DCL!!!! :mad:
The wait is frustrating, but I'm also glad to keep my money in the bank for a few more weeks. Really nervous about new prices being out of our range. I've got my heart set on concierge, and I'm not sure how what option to pursue if it's just too expensive.

Or The Mamas and The Papas.....Monday, Monday....can't trust that day....... Eagerly awaiting the EBPC dates for fall 2017. DH has to submit the dates to work soon. Asking for 2+ weeks is hard, the closer we get to that date, the harder it gets! And so, we wait.

DCL seems to labor under the mistaken notion that folks who book their cruises are independently wealthy, and therefore need not ask for time off from work.

My wife and I are in the same boat as your husband. If we will be taking that much time off next summer, we need to notify our respective employers ASAP!

DCL seems to labor under the mistaken notion that folks who book their cruises are independently wealthy, and therefore need not ask for time off from work.

My wife and I are in the same boat as your husband. If we will be taking that much time off next summer, we need to notify our respective employers ASAP!

I hear ya -- my husband is retired, but I have to give at least a 12 month notice if I want more than a week off!

Ditto. We want to be on the WBPC and are getting very close to the 12m date...

I waited a half hour or so for those prices opening day (gold) and I wanted my time back. No they are real, that is a screen shot of two adults and 3 kids (over 10) in a 4E. I am glad I book Jan before they announced Star Wars because that 7 night is a steal compared to the prices now (or any of the summer prices)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter