DCL Summer 2017 Megathread - Itineraries are out!

DCL thrives on people who impulsively book cruises while being revved up with emotion about all things Disney! The last thing they want is for people to THINK about whether they can afford the cruise, or to compare a DCL cruise with other cruise lines. It's one thing to put down a 20% deposit on an expensive cruise, and quite another to come up with the rest of the money at final payment time.
True but you can cancel get your deposit back any time (within the cancellation policy).

The IGT rate is 7,800 that's a 3k price drop. I would be upset if I had booked opening day, but I haven't heard anyone complaining on these boards. I'm guessing if you willing to pay that much for a cruise in the first place you probably don't care. I think the 12 night Baltic cruises on RCL are pretty high next year. The difference between RCI and DCL is that Royal will run sales and promotions throughout the year the to sell the cruises. DCL waits until 3 months before when it's too late for many people to make plans.

I'm glad we ended up deciding on Alaska rather than the British Isles because I would be upset if I had booked opening day and paid $3k more than the current IGT rate. I think one of the Norway/Iceland itineraries also went *GT. I'm interested to see summer 2017 itineraries but unless there's something really appealing (itinerary AND price), we're going to chance it and see if any European cruises goes *GT 3 months out. Hopefully we have the willpower to do so.

I had that cruise booked, but cancelled as I decided to go with MSC as they were having a kids sail free promotion, plus a bunch of other free things like drink package and OBC. That and also an itinerary that I liked better which included Santorini...an island on my bucket list.

Well, I didn't actually cancel as I wasn't going to lose my deposit so I just switched it to a Caribbean itinerary when she arrives here later this year. They only charge $50 a person for a switch. I'm looking forward to sailing her. I already have two bookings for the Vista and I intend on going on both.

I would REALLY like to go on the Disney Fantasy, but will have to book it during early November where the prices aren't ridiculous.
I just booked the 10 day Med cruise in Oct. 1,673 was the total price for cruise fare port fees and taxes for the three of us unbelievable. I booked the inside family harbor view room. Which should be fine for three. I think my kids will enjoy the harbor view lounge. Cruise fare was 444.00 per person. I asked the csr why the prices were so low. She said it was because the airfare for their customers is high. Nice of them to consider that. This ship looks so much nicer than the magic.

I'm not in the know by any means, but Disney seems to be extra sensitive to avoiding "potential issues" on its itineraries. I'm guessing because of its heavy marketing and appeal to families with small children. Cases in point: DCL pulled out of Mexico a few years ago; speculation was due to the bad press regarding crime and tourists. The Faroe Islands was replaced by Orkney on the 2015 Iceland cruise; widely thought due to the whaling issue. It would not surprise me that the pulled out of that part of the Med due to the Syria situation.
I am not a fear monger but I do think it is only a matter of time before there is some kind of terrorist attack involving a cruise ship. I also think that Europe is more dangerous than the US in this respect. Not that the US doesn't have issues, but in Europe for one thing- most police don't even have guns.

Last edited:
I am not a fear monger but I do think it is only a matter of time before there is some kind of terrorist attack involving a cruise ship. I also think that Europe is more dangerous than the US in this respect. Not that the US doesn't have issues, but in Europe for one thing- most police don't even have guns.
The only thing I worrried about is the pick pockets.

Do u KNOW ABOUT HOW MUCH FOR A FAMILY OF 4 KIDS ARE 6 AND 7 ON OPENING DATE FOR JULY 2017

@Ofinn you are right on the money (pun intended) I'm not in any hurry and I'll definitely wait to see what offers they come out with in a few months. And of course, will see what the Alaska prices are like for DCL.....o_O

It seems a lot of us are going to be on a 2017 Alaska cruise. To pass time until they finally post the itineraries, who is going when? We're going Aug 21st. Going with some friends and family, very excited.

The Fantasy now has Florida resident rates for every June 2016 sailing. Something has to be up with summer bookings. Not one sailing is sold out for the Dream or Fantasy.

Do u KNOW ABOUT HOW MUCH FOR A FAMILY OF 4 KIDS ARE 6 AND 7 ON OPENING DATE FOR JULY 2017

Itineraries/prices are still not released as yet. Keep watching this thread for updates as we're all hoping they will be announced soon.

The Fantasy now has Florida resident rates for every June 2016 sailing. Something has to be up with summer bookings. Not one sailing is sold out for the Dream or Fantasy.

The only thing that seems to be "up" are DCL's pricing. I've just tried pricing out a few different weeks for later this year/early next and can't find anything reasonable for our family. Hoping they'll be adjusting their pricing downwards for 2017....fingers crossed!

Itineraries/prices are still not released as yet. Keep watching this thread for updates as we're all hoping they will be announced soon.

The only thing that seems to be "up" are DCL's pricing. I've just tried pricing out a few different weeks for later this year/early next and can't find anything reasonable for our family. Hoping they'll be adjusting their pricing downwards for 2017....fingers crossed!
Agreed. I cant wrap my brain around paying that much money for the caribbean. Even the offseason prices are shocking for the Fantasy.

It seems a lot of us are going to be on a 2017 Alaska cruise. To pass time until they finally post the itineraries, who is going when? We're going Aug 21st. Going with some friends and family, very excited.
July 3rd or 10th

So the only "reason" I can think of for delaying Summer 2017 itineraries is that perhaps they've had to price them lower than the 2016 sailings and so they are trying to get most of the 2016 summer PIF so people won't switch to a lower priced cruise. Well, at least I can hope that until I really see the 2017 pricing!!

I just booked the 10 day Med cruise in Oct. 1,673 was the total price for cruise fare port fees and taxes for the three of us unbelievable. I booked the inside family harbor view room. Which should be fine for three. I think my kids will enjoy the harbor view lounge. Cruise fare was 444.00 per person. I asked the csr why the prices were so low. She said it was because the airfare for their customers is high. Nice of them to consider that. This ship looks so much nicer than the magicg sort of clinched it for me.
I just booked the 10 day Med cruise in Oct. 1,673 was the total price for cruise fare port fees and taxes for the three of us unbelievable. I booked the inside family harbor view room. Which should be fine for three. I think my kids will enjoy the harbor view lounge. Cruise fare was 444.00 per person. I asked the csr why the prices were so low. She said it was because the airfare for their customers is high. Nice of them to consider that. This ship looks so much nicer than the magic.

Nice! I too booked in the Family Harbor section, an oceanview cabin. I think my DD will like the Lounge, plus 24/7 soft serve right out side the cabin and milk and cookies in the night time was a big bonus. I also really liked the different nautical decor of the cabins too. I can't wait to see the Vista...it looks beautiful.

So the only "reason" I can think of for delaying Summer 2017 itineraries is that perhaps they've had to price them lower than the 2016 sailings and so they are trying to get most of the 2016 summer PIF so people won't switch to a lower priced cruise. Well, at least I can hope that until I really see the 2017 pricing!!
The PIF date for the Aug 26 EBPC is Apr 28. Any idea on average PIF dates for the summer 2016 cruises?

With so many new ships coming on to the market, I wouldn't be surprised if people cancelled before PIF date to book ships at half the price. the economy is not that good and people just don't see the value in Disney as much due to the competition out there.(I know I shouldn't use value and Disney in the same sentence)

Maybe Disney will wake up and stop their gouging. After all, what's the point of getting so many bookings if they end up getting cancelled. 100% of a fair price is better than 0% of an inflated, unreasonable price.

I looked at Spring Break 2017 and 5K for a balcony for 2...not paying that when I can book the Harmony for 3K.

We would also be looking at August 21st (our wedding anniversary) or August 22 (if we end up sailing with Carnival instead).

Nice! I too booked in the Family Harbor section, an oceanview cabin. I think my DD will like the Lounge, plus 24/7 soft serve right out side the cabin and milk and cookies in the night time was a big bonus. I also really liked the different nautical decor of the cabins too. I can't wait to see the Vista...it looks beautiful.
I'll let you know what she looks like in:
image.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter