DCL South America?

Rogillio

DIS Veteran
Just browsing the plans for the refurn/make-over of the Magic and noticed they will now have a Brazilian themed MDR.

So this got me to thinking, maybe Disney is foreshadowing a future cruise destination? The neat thing about South America is you don't have the expense of and transatlantic crossing (that I'd bet the lose money on or just barely break even). I think it would was totally awesome to sail to Brazil, Argentina, Chili, Peru.....

The obvious problem with this is, the peak sailing time is in the WINTER! And since DCL's main market is 'families with kids' I'm not sure SA would be feasible. But maybe they cold do a Christmas break sailing?

Anyway, just dreamin'.....

Hey! Not all of us have kids! We never have to worry about cruising when school is out. (Even if we did, we still wouldn't. Our parents were the same with us, believed it REAL WORLD education...)

I'd be interested in a safe winter cruise (as in not too iffy and have to miss port and not too cold for the water and not hurricane time).

My mom wishes they would go to Costa.

Just browsing the plans for the refurn/make-over of the Magic and noticed they will now have a Brazilian themed MDR.

So this got me to thinking, maybe Disney is foreshadowing a future cruise destination? The neat thing about South America is you don't have the expense of and transatlantic crossing (that I'd bet the lose money on or just barely break even). I think it would was totally awesome to sail to Brazil, Argentina, Chili, Peru.....

The obvious problem with this is, the peak sailing time is in the WINTER! And since DCL's main market is 'families with kids' I'm not sure SA would be feasible. But maybe they cold do a Christmas break sailing?

Anyway, just dreamin'.....

While I like the concept of going to South America, this might not work very well.

They built the Panama Canal because going around the tip of South America had some pretty difficult journeys.

South America as a continent is bigger than you think. Chili and Peru are on the west side of the continent, Brazil abd Argentina on the east side.

Geography gets in the way. http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/sa.htm

While I like the concept of going to South America, this might not work very well.

They built the Panama Canal because going around the tip of South America had some pretty difficult journeys.

South America as a continent is bigger than you think. Chili and Peru are on the west side of the continent, Brazil abd Argentina on the east side.

Geography gets in the way. http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/sa.htm

HAL et al do it all the time.

Must be I am thinking somthing different than you were. Where do they embark from? How long of a trip?

Must be I am thinking somthing different than you were. Where do they embark from? How long of a trip?

Day Date Port Arrive Depart
0 18 Dec 2013 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ON VX
1 19 Dec 2013 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil VX 02:00 PM
2 20 Dec 2013 At Sea
3 21 Dec 2013 At Sea
4 22 Dec 2013 Buenos Aires, Argentina ON Noon
5 23 Dec 2013 Buenos Aires, Argentina 06:00 PM
6 24 Dec 2013 Montevideo, Uruguay 08:00 AM 06:00 PM
7 25 Dec 2013 At Sea
8 26 Dec 2013 Puerto Madryn, Argentina WF 10:00 AM 06:00 PM
9 27 Dec 2013 At Sea
10 28 Dec 2013 At Sea
11 29 Dec 2013 The Antarctic Sound CO 08:00 AM
12 30 Dec 2013 The Danco Coast CO
13 31 Dec 2013 The Palmer Archipelago CO 08:00 PM
14 01 Jan 2014 Drake Passage and Cape Horn CO
15 02 Jan 2014 Ushuaia, Argentina 07:00 AM 01:00 PM
15 02 Jan 2014 Glacier Alley CO
15 02 Jan 2014 Beagle Channel CO
16 03 Jan 2014 Punta Arenas, Chile 07:00 AM 06:00 PM
16 03 Jan 2014 Strait of Magellan CO
17 04 Jan 2014 Canal Sarmiento CO
18 05 Jan 2014 Chilean Fjords CO
19 06 Jan 2014 Puerto Montt, Chile TR 08:00 AM 05:00 PM
20 07 Jan 2014 At Sea
21 08 Jan 2014 Valparaiso (Santiago), Chile 07:00 AM

Just an example. There are many.

A three-week cruise. Wow. Problem is, DCL depends on the shorter 3-4 day cruises to bring in the $$$$$$$, so not many cruises are longer than a week. DCL is known for its family-friendly cruises, and it gets real expensive for young families to cruise for long periods of time, especially if kids have to miss school.

Carnival also does a repo from South America to Europe. Maybe DCL can combo this on the Magic, South America, then repo to Europe.

I just hope the commando tour groups don't get too interested in this itinerary. It's one thing to compete with them in the parks...I really can't compete with them in that tiny lobby :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter