• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL Shipmate App

jmcross

One way to get tagged is to have a tag sale :)
So, I bought the app but I'm not really seeing what it does. I see the countdown clock, the ship tracker, and deck maps. I know how to make the horn sound. Are there other features that I am missing? What can it do while I am onboard and my phone is unable to get a signal? :confused3

Thanks for your help!

Joanne

So, I bought the app but I'm not really seeing what it does. I see the countdown clock, the ship tracker, and deck maps. I know how to make the horn sound. Are there other features that I am missing? What can it do while I am onboard and my phone is unable to get a signal? :confused3

Thanks for your help!

Joanne

You don't need the data on to use all features of the app. I thought I would use it to help me fine my way around but I didn't need it at all. You can figure out where everything on board is with the great signs they have everywhere and by the second day I could find everything. I don't think it does anything else.

Same here. Had the app on my phone for a while now.
Don't see what's so great about it. Having the deck maps is a small plus but easily lived without it before. The forums are super skimpy vs Disboards.

Some posters on here raved about it. Almost makes me wonder if I missed how to uncover a menu or two.

I have been looking at some of the other line's deck cams, which is kindof interesting. Especially the Princess lines's cams, because they show the wedding chapel cams. Yesterday it was stuck on a picture of these 2 older ladies looking at the cam, looking super confused, like "What is that contraption??" :) It was kinda fun.

Anyway you can schedule your days, if you want, you can book non DCL port excursions, etc... I don't think I will actually do any of that, but I do think it's interesting to track, see deck cams, etc..

I have been looking at some of the other line's deck cams, which is kindof interesting. Especially the Princess lines's cams, because they show the wedding chapel cams. Yesterday it was stuck on a picture of these 2 older ladies looking at the cam, looking super confused, like "What is that contraption??" :) It was kinda fun.

Anyway you can schedule your days, if you want, you can book non DCL port excursions, etc... I don't think I will actually do any of that, but I do think it's interesting to track, see deck cams, etc..

I know exactly the picture you are talking about. I laughed so hard at the expressions on their faces:lmao: that picture was up for a few days.

I know exactly the picture you are talking about. I laughed so hard at the expressions on their faces:lmao: that picture was up for a few days.

:rotfl: right?!!? I kept a screen shot in my phone, and I'm glad because it has changed now ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter