DCL sailing out of So. Cal.--do you think it will ever happen?

hayesktrm

Mouseketeer
I can't wait to go on our first Disney cruise. I was thinking, wouldn't it be great if they had one that went to the Mexican Riviera? Or a 3 or 4 day to Baja and Catalina? They could put land/sea tours together with Disneyland--very close to Long Beach. Boy, that would knock off about $1400 for us because we wouldn't need airfare. Has anyone heard anything about if they have ever considered this? I think it would be a huge success. They would have people from So. Cal, Nevada, and Arizona that wouldn't have to take a plane to get here. They would also have all the people who visit D-land and would like a little more Disney. What do you think?

Karen in So. Cal.::MinnieMo

Living in Far West Texas, I am all for it. Maybe if they ever get that rumored 3rd ship built

On our recent 4 day cruise, I went to the seminar "The Building of the Wonder". They had a few senior officers there to answer questions. Someone asked about a 3rd ship. One of the officers said, "Oh they are building thatone, and it will be called the Disney Rumor". Hahaha.

I have actually also heard that the Magic may come out here for a stint to celebrate Disneyland's 50th anniversary. How cool would that be? I agree that they could just as easily fill up a ship from over here as Florida. Regardless, at least Space Mountain will be reopened for the anniversary celebration :bounce:

On the post cruise questionnaire, one of the questions was:

What is your interest level in the following itineraries:
3-4 night Mexico out of CA
7 night Mexican Riviera our to f CA
7 night Alaska
7 night Mediteranean
7 night Bermuda

Looks like they are considering other trips!

We just got back yesterday from a 7 day Eastern and one of the employees told us they are considering a 12 day (like the 10 day Christmas) that goes through the Panama Canal and up to San Diego and back. I think that would be fun!

Now I remember thanks to disneylover5. It was that they would bring one of the ships over here via the Panama Canal and it would coincide with the 50th anniversary.:Pinkbounc

Originally posted by disneylover5
When is Disneyland'd 50th anniversary?
The park open July 17, 1955 - so the 50th anniversary is July 17, 2005.

Stay Tuned in March 2004!

Apparently there is to be a big announcement!

Fingers Crossed!

Scratch
pirate:

I would love to cruise out of California, I don't even care where the ship goes.;)

DCL outta SoCal...that would be swell.
coming from AZ...we would prob go every other than every third year if DCL remains in FL.
For a family of five..it's a five hour drive instead of a five hour flight. We would save $1K min...

Can't wait to hear the new ports...'thinking west (left) coast'.

I am with all of you. I hate the fact that I have to spend about an extra $1000 to go on the cruise. We would be able to go probably every year instead of every other year like we plan on doing now. I think you'll notice almost all of the replys on this thread are from people on the west coast. MOST people on the east coast would not agree with us. They want both ships to stay where they are. They think that they should stay there because they already have the nice port and the ships fill up so well. I have also read that they wouldn't be interested in going the the Mexican Riviera. Well, alot of other cruise lines do that route and seem to do just fine. I think Disney would also. They could do land and sea packages with Disneyland just like they do with WDW. They could also build a new port....they've done it once they can do it again. I'm not asking that they should pull away the Magic or Wonder permanently, they need to hurry up and build a new ship. They could also do 12-15 day Hawaiian cruises. that would be wonderful. Or even build a special ship for Alaska. I know i'd be on it! :earsgirl:

As another left-coaster, I'd also vote for a D-Cruise ship repositioned to CA -- as long as they also bring along Castaway Cay!:teeth:

Top ports for U.S. cruise passenger traffic

1. Port Canaveral, Fla.

2. Miami

3. Port Everglades, Fla.

4. Los Angeles

5. Juneau, Alaska

6. Ketchikan, Alaska

7. New York

8. Scagway, Alaska

9. Palm Beach, Fla.

10. Tampa, Fla.

11. New Orleans

12. Galveston, Texas

13. Seward, Alaska

14. Nawiliwili, Hawaii

15. San Diego

Source: American Association of Port Authorities.

The CM told me that DCL was definately going to sail out of Ca. starting the summer of 2005, a mexican riviera trip. He said that he was glad that he would be going to new ports. Now whether this is true or wishful thinking on his part I don't know but he was pretty positive.

Originally posted by AnnMorin
The CM told me that DCL was definately going to sail out of Ca. starting the summer of 2005, a mexican riviera trip. He said that he was glad that he would be going to new ports. Now whether this is true or wishful thinking on his part I don't know but he was pretty positive.
I have heard the same thing for next year.

Well, here is one person on the East coast that would love to do a Disney Mexican Riviera cruise along with Disneyland's 50th! I would like them to send a new ship to Florida though as well. We are planning to be in CA (planning stages now) next summer for the 50th!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter