• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL Robes

DLM1980

Supreme Fraggle Extrodinaire!
So this is our first cruise (as I've said in other posts) and when we visit Disney World we usually end up in October for our Anniversary, so I usually have flowers n such sent to the hotel room.

This time we will be on the Wonder, and as it so happens, during valentines day, I was looking at the selections available and then a certain package caught my eye.

The Romance for 2, which includes 2 DCL Robes, now I've seen the robes available on Disneystore.com for some time, and I always wondered if they were super soft or terry cloth scratchy, but at $120 I never wanted to chance it.

However for $125, I'm getting two robes, a box of chocolates, a rose, and a bottle of Prosecco.

Anyone have any experience with these robes, are they worth their price? Soft n fluffy and warm?

The chocolates my partner will eat that day, the rose will be tossed as at the end of the cruise, the wine I'll drink. The robes, we might not necessarily need but they would be our keepsake of our first cruise.

If the robes are crappy then I might as well not spend that much on that package and instead go with a regular floral arrangement and bring aboard my own card n such.

I'm interested in this answer too... and wondering, if anyone has one, can you tell me if they're 100% cotton?

thanks,
Peg

We received this package as a gift and were very pleased with the quality of the robes. They are very plush and soft. The chocolates are a small box of about 6-8 pieces and the Prosecco was quite refreshing after a long hot excursion day. My one suggestion is to keep the robes in their presentation packing. They are rolled up and wrapped in DCL plastic wrapping with a bow. They were much easier to pack when left like this.

yes they are soft and very plush. the one thing I will say is that they leave a lot of linty fluff behind.
I would not say they are the best quality but they aren't the worst either. worth the money for what you get.

I am wearing mine as I type this response lol On our first cruise (also on the Wonder) I ordered the romance for 2 package for my dh and myself. These robes are very comfy, not scratchy - very plush!! I think the package is well worth the $125 considering you get two robes plus a few extras.

We did this package for our 30th anniversary cruise this past April. The robes are really nice. They are soft. We enjoyed the wine, chocolate and the rose. We left them packaged as well as I am not sure we would have fit them in the suitcase to get home! Nice remembrance of our trip. Great value for the money.

I too agree, very soft. I, at the time of our cruise last September, was about 46 pounds heavier so mine wouldn't close all the way but as far as feeling comfortable..they are great!

I got my wife the robe through the Disney store and she absolutely loves it. It was definitely worth the money. It is extremely soft and very high quality. She has had it almost a year and wears it every day and has held up incredibly well.

Thanks guys. On my next day off am gonna call my order in. Love that online one is 120 but in the gift package two is 125 :)

Thanks guys. On my next day off am gonna call my order in. Love that online one is 120 but in the gift package two is 125 :)
the one at the Disney store and the one you order through dcl are not the same. the material is different and I believe the Disney store one is lined but I could be wrong on that part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter