DCL release q2 crime allegation report

dclpluto

DIS Veteran
since 2011 there has been 29 crimes reported on DCL. Doesn't seem like a lot out of all the crew and passengers but only one person was charged with
A crime. 14 sexual assaults, 8 rape, 1 physical assault, 1 missing person,5 thefts. These are allegations. The only person charged out of the 29 was either a sexual assault or a rape.

Wondering why? Was there not enough evidence to charge anyone else? Seems like a lot of "smoke" for there to have been only one real "fire". I don't want to even think there were cover ups, but one out of 29 seems like a low number. I plan on not worrying about my safety too much, just take common sense precautions onboard like everywhere else.

Disney doesn't have authority to do anything but report crimes. The ships are registered in the Bahamas and Bahamas law enforcement authorities certainly appear to be reluctant to aggressively investigate any crimes on ships.
Has to be tough to investigate on a ship too. Rebecca Coriam comes to mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter