DCL Policy Changed With out Notice

Oh I thought reservations couldn't be transferred after the first month at all?

Why would a TA accept a reservation transferred to them - and then give an incentive (OBC, Costco card, gift, etc.) for doing so if they receive nothing from DCL? Ability to transfer after 30 days is really whether the TA is willing to take on work for no pay.

I think this is the more correct statement. Presently, DCL is refusing to transfer reservations made more than 30 days ago. So I think it is misleading to say that the TAs receive nothing after 30 days--the fact is, DCL won't transfer the reservation. Right now, it is not the case that DCL will transfer it but the TAs receive nothing.

They can be, but TAs will not receive any commission on them, so most are not accepting them.

Which is why I said to the OP - the change is between DCL and the TAs, not between DCL and the guest sailing.

The OP being unable to get her Costco gift card is really, IMO, a beef with Costco, since it is Costco's application of DCLs new policy.

DCL has nothing to do with whether or not Costco issues a gift card, folks.

Why would a TA accept a reservation transferred to them - and then give an incentive (OBC, Costco card, gift, etc.) for doing so if they receive nothing from DCL? Ability to transfer after 30 days is really whether the TA is willing to take on work for no pay.

I don't know why I feel compelled to correct this, but for some reason I do . . . DCL is refusing to transfer reservations after 30 days. DCL is not saying to TAs, we will transfer the reservation to you but give you no commission. DCL is saying we will not transfer the reservation. Period.

They can be, but TAs will not receive any commission on them, so most are not accepting them.

Which is why I said to the OP - the change is between DCL and the TAs, not between DCL and the guest sailing.

The OP being unable to get her Costco gift card is really, IMO, a beef with Costco, since it is Costco's application of DCLs new policy.

DCL has nothing to do with whether or not Costco issues a gift card, folks.

You are just flat-out wrong. For whatever reason, Costco is willing to give an incentive. But DCL will not transfer the reservation.

Why would a TA take a reservation transfer after the 30 days if it would receive nothing? It may be set up that they cannot be transferred because any transfer requires some sort of payment to trigger the contractual relationship between Disney and the TA, but what would the TA get out of accepting a transfer to do the work, however limited at that point, for no commission?

Nancy

I don't know why I feel compelled to correct this, but for some reason I do . . . DCL is refusing to transfer reservations after 30 days. DCL is not saying to TAs, we will transfer the reservation to you but give you no commission. DCL is saying we will not transfer the reservation. Period.

DCL has said to TAs "we will give you no commission if after 30 days." Why should DCL allow transfers when they know they will not pay the TA a commission, just to have the TAs complain they get no commission for work? There is a poster (a few pages back and I'm not going to search for it now) who indicated that he DID transfer after 30 days because he pushed his TA by threatening to pull other business - the TA had to work it out with DCL to accept the transfer for no commission. Again, it's an issue between DCL and the TAs. It is definitely an issue of non-payment to TAs for reservatations transferred after 30 days.

I think this is the more correct statement. Presently, DCL is refusing to transfer reservations made more than 30 days ago. So I think it is misleading to say that the TAs receive nothing after 30 days--the fact is, DCL won't transfer the reservation. Right now, it is not the case that DCL will transfer it but the TAs receive nothing.

This is not 100% factual. DCL will transfer it. My parents just transferred theirs - made in July 2012 - to a TA, who is a friend of theirs, and setting up a group trip - the TA will make 0% on the trip, but to make it easier for my parents, and for the TA planning the group, the TA took it on gratis.

There have been reports that people have had difficulty making the switch, but there are reports that people have made them, too.

As with all things Disney - YMMV. If at first you don't succeed, try try again. But don't be surprised if the TA (or costco travel, or whomever) won't take it - because they'll be stuck with the work and none of the pay.

You are just flat-out wrong. For whatever reason, Costco is willing to give an incentive. But DCL will not transfer the reservation.

I'm not - but convincing you of that is a losing battle.

You may not have been successful. Others have.

It's Disney - they're consistently inconsistent.

DCL has said to TAs "we will give you no commission if after 30 days." Why should DCL allow transfers when they know they will not pay the TA a commission, just to have the TAs complain they get no commission for work? There is a poster (a few pages back and I'm not going to search for it now) who indicated that he DID transfer after 30 days because he pushed his TA by threatening to pull other business - the TA had to work it out with DCL. Again, it's an issue between DCL and the TAs. It is definitely an issue of non-payment to TAs for reservatations transferred after 30 days.

I spent probably an hour or more altogther (several calls) with the Costco rep who wanted to accept my transferred reservation and the DCL agent who refused to transfer it. I guess perhaps both Costco reps were lying to me, but what they said is that they would accept the transfer but DCL would not release it. And when I called DCL myslef, I was told the same thing--that reservations could not be transferred after 30 days. Why would DCL not say, we are perfectly willing to transfer the reservation but your TA won't accept it?

I forgot to put DU as my travel agent on my rebooking on PCC 4.0. I just tried to transfer the booking and DCL refused twice. After checking my original reservation, I was told that for onboard rebookings, DCL will transfer to the agent of the original booking, but no other agent. DCL's policy is that they will not allow the transfer after 30 days, but they have apparently grandfathered in the original agents for rebookings.

notworthy.gif
notworthy.gif
notworthy.gif
notworthy.gif

I forgot to put DU as my travel agent on my rebooking on PCC 4.0. I just tried to transfer the booking and DCL refused twice. After checking my original reservation, I was told that for onboard rebookings, DCL will transfer to the agent of the original booking, but no other agent. DCL's policy is that they will not allow the transfer after 30 days, but they have apparently grandfathered in the original agents for rebookings.

Do you mean, the TA who booked the cruise (you were on) when you booked a future sailing onboard? :confused:

mytripsandraces said:
Yes, that's exactly right. I couldn't name a new TA, but I could transfer the reservation to the TA who had booked my original cruise.

I don't think that's a transfer. It's booking the cruise under the TA at the time of the booking. At least that's how I understand it. Just pointing this out because I think the word 'transfer' might be confusing considering the topic of the thread.

I don't think that's a transfer. It's booking the cruise under the TA at the time of the booking. At least that's how I understand it. Just pointing this out because I think the word 'transfer' might be confusing considering the topic of the thread.

It was a transfer, because I hadn't named a TA when I booked on board the Fantasy in December. When I transferred it to DU last week, it was considered a transfer to a TA, but it had to be the same TA who had booked the cruise I was onboard when I rebooked. It is a transfer, because I didn't have a TA on my reservation for the first 2 months and then asked them to transfer the reservation to my TA. If I hadn't booked the original cruise with a TA, I would not have been allowed to transfer the rebooked cruise to a TA.

The transfer process involved requesting the transfer on the DU website, getting a form by email, faxing the completed form back to DU and waiting for confirmation (which I received within a couple of days).

mytripsandraces said:
It was a transfer, because I hadn't named a TA when I booked on board the Fantasy in December. When I transferred it to DU last week, it was considered a transfer to a TA, but it had to be the same TA who had booked the cruise I was onboard when I rebooked. It is a transfer, because I didn't have a TA on my reservation for the first 2 months and then asked them to transfer the reservation to my TA. If I hadn't booked the original cruise with a TA, I would not have been allowed to transfer the rebooked cruise to a TA.

The transfer process involved requesting the transfer on the DU website, getting a form by email, faxing the completed form back to DU and waiting for confirmation (which I received within a couple of days).

Yup that's a transfer. Sorry I had thought you meant you booked it onboard at the time of sailing.

ugh - I have an old res I booked on board for which I did not put a TA - I had used AAA before but wasn't sure moving forward. For a short sailing, DU would give me just $50, whereas if I would move it to AAA during their Disney promos I would get a $100 GC and their $100 shutters credit. Worse case, I would just get the shutters credit.

I heard about this in Feb prior to going on the Wonder, so I did book a new res there, with the hopes on keeping the old one for 2015.

But now I'm screwed with it... Will try when the time comes, but...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter