DCL picture of the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked this one... they are all over the ship. I know what it means (even if the crew didn't). Anyone care to guess?
100_0636.jpg

Vanvmom said:
I liked this one... they are all over the ship. I know what it means (even if the crew didn't). Anyone care to guess?
100_0636.jpg

Hi Wendy

It spells out "DCL" using the International Code of Flags and Pennants.

On Castaway Cay...by Marge's Barges...I found a sign listing all the letters of the alphabet and the corresponding flag....it also listed the pennants for the numbers.

Mickey&JoshNut said:

Our cruise was the one to Mexico, so we never got to go to CC :sad2:

My DH and I thought it was DCL, and asked a member of the engineering crew to verify. He was unaware what they meant, and being fairly new to the ship had not noticed how these flags were EVERYWHERE around the ship. We looked the flags up as soon as we got home, and you're right! :maleficen

Mickey&JoshNut said:
Hi Wendy

On Castaway Cay...by Marge's Barges...I found a sign listing all the letters of the alphabet and the corresponding flag....it also listed the pennants for the numbers.

I actually have one of those penants!!! On the Maiden Voyage cruise of the Magic back in July of '98 we were onboard and a crew member was replacing one of them....I happened to be walking by and he noticed my interest in what he was doing and asked me if I would like to have the one he just took down!!! Of course I said yes!!!

MJ

That is such a sad sight. I cannot wait for our cruise, but your picture reminded me that we will have to "suffer through" that part of the cruise as well.

Disneynut4ever said:
That is such a sad sight. I cannot wait for our cruise, but your picture reminded me that we will have to "suffer through" that part of the cruise as well.

Trust me, the suffering will be well worth it..you are going to enjoy it!

I have had so much fun looking at all the pictures everyday since this thread started I thought I would try adding one myself. Hope this works. If not, I will blame the people on page 1 (Since I followed their directions).

This is a picture of myself and DH on our May 2004 Western. We were celebrating our 10th anniversary on our 11th anniversary (If that makes sense to anyone).

GKcruiseformal.jpg

mmouse37 said:
I actually have one of those penants!!! On the Maiden Voyage cruise of the Magic back in July of '98 we were onboard and a crew member was replacing one of them....I happened to be walking by and he noticed my interest in what he was doing and asked me if I would like to have the one he just took down!!! Of course I said yes!!!

MJ

TOO COOL! I would love to have been in your deck shoes! :banana: Unique items like that love to find a home in my house... :goodvibes I guess I will just have to enjoy my photo... now if I could just add water and make the MAGIC appear it would be even better! :rotfl:

I just edited my signature. Just checking to see if it worked. Thought I would use this sight and make this picture my second post for the day. Hope nobody minds.

Even Minnie enjoyed a photo opt with 'The Golden Girls' :lovestruc

fb16a6d9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter