• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL picture of the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
ResizeofMatzdonald2.jpg

We ran into this big duck when we got back onto the ship from Matzatlan!

smchan said:

These pictures are wonderful. Just wondering about the show pictures. Obviously they let you take pictures. Is there enough light on stage to take pictures without flash? Do you have to sit close to the stage to get such great pictures. Digital or Film? Thanks for any response.
Roger

GoofyontheHiSeas said:
These pictures are wonderful. Just wondering about the show pictures. Obviously they let you take pictures. Is there enough light on stage to take pictures without flash? Do you have to sit close to the stage to get such great pictures. Digital or Film? Thanks for any response.
Roger

Thank you. :) Flash photography is not allowed in the theater. There is enough light if you have a fast lens and fast film or a fast sensor (digital). I shot most of my at ISO 800-1000 with a fast lens (usually f/2.8 or faster). That particular Mickey picture was, I think, ISO 1000, f/2.8, 1/200s. I was pretty close (3-4 rows back), though I've also experimented with telephotos from way back.

The hard part is getting the exposure right. The lighting changes too much to go manual, and the scenes are too constrasty to trust typical exposure modes. I used spot metering. I also shoot with digital, but no reason you couldn't do this with film.

Search my id going back thru this year. I've talked a lot about show photography and how I - a rank amateur - did it.

Here's another. This one was shot with a telephoto zoom from the first row. 1/160s, f/2.8, and I think ISO 1000 @ 95mm.
large.jpg

But I thought at the beginning of the shows they state "no photography"...I understand "no flash" and just figured that "no photography" meant they wanted to sell you the pics themselves!

Wish I had gotten some of these great show shots! Now I know to give it a try!
THANKS
C

challada said:
But I thought at the beginning of the shows they state "no photography"...I understand "no flash" and just figured that "no photography" meant they wanted to sell you the pics themselves!

Wish I had gotten some of these great show shots! Now I know to give it a try!
THANKS
C

I've always heard them say, "No flash photography or video" although there was a lady a few rows ahead of us on our August 2004 cruise had her video camera running the whole show, nothing was ever said to her during the entire show.

Verandah Man said:
I've always heard them say, "No flash photography or video" although there was a lady a few rows ahead of us on our August 2004 cruise had her video camera running the whole show, nothing was ever said to her during the entire show.

Ah, yes! Mrs. The-rules-don't-apply-to-me. I've vacationed with her before.....:guilty:

I second what Kelli says - I usually sit on the back row by hdcp. chairs and as you look down into the audience, there are little squares of light/videos on constantly all around in front of you.

Let's see if I can get this as it's my first try...

Here is a hidden Goofy in the clouds we took as we were driving from home to the airport for our DCL Panama Canal cruise.

Goofy.jpg

-steve

My DW and I enjoying our lunch at Cookies on CC during our 30th Wedding Anniversary cruise this past January. Anybody feel hungry for a lobster burger?

Hazel%20eating%20on%20CC.JPG

Andy%20enjoying%20his%20lobster%20burger.JPG

626eee59.jpg

Be careful what you ask for for dessert! ;) DD7 and Witt - note Minnie-like napkin folded on her head in black.

Here is DS on day two formal night. He slept all thru dinner but woke up with energy to meet Mickey & Minnie and enjoy the show. :)

343%3C%3A%3A9523232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2324%3D4%3B%3B%3D338%3DXROQDF%3E2323477%3C39%3A57ot1lsi

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter