DCL Picture of the Day - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/1436/medium/DSC03391.JPG
DSC03391.JPG

With the Statue of Liberty in the background we toasted the start of our trip!

Really nice photos. What type of Point and Shoot? Did you leave it on the auto setting or switch to manual settings? Post processing?

These were all taken with the Canon SX230HS - I don't use Auto but it would have been a mixture of settings depending on the situation (and more importantly light) - Most will have been taken on Av (Aperture Priority) some were taken on the Vivid setting to boost colours and other were taken on Night Landscape.

Most of them would have been post processed using Topaz Adjust in Photoshop just to tidy them up and give them a little pop.

That set was when I first started with the post processing so it was just a case of trial and error.

Jan (JLSE50), I'm guessing we were probably 1/4 - 1/2 mile from the glacier. Amazingly close when you consider how big the ship is!

The Wonder from the port in Skagway:
100_3356.jpg

That is really sad!!! :sad2: You would think that it could have been put somewhere!! We loved seeing it whenever we were there!!

Thanks for the sad info though!! :guilty:
They really couldn't have done anything else with it. It was falling apart from being out in the elements for years.

Have spent almost 4 days enjoying all these photos.. Am leaving in 2 weeks on Fantasy. I am inspired to try and see things in a new light even with my simple point and click. Thanks to all for such beautiful pics.

Use that P/S!!!! An amazing number of the photos on these threads are with P/S cameras. The best way to get beautiful picture is to take the picture. Have a great cruise. I have 124 days till I get on the Fantasy.

Take a look at my Flickr Set here:
These were taken on Dream - But ALL were taken with a Point and Shoot.

Good luck and be sure to post your photos here when you return.

Nicely done Paul. I am book marking this! You have some angles I never would have thought of!

and I just followed your stream on Flick'r as well.

LowBridge.jpg

I came out on deck just as we passed under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge on our return to New York 6/15.

LL02.jpg

Statue of Liberty as we returned to New York Harbor from the first Canadian Cruise.

Man02.jpg

Manhattan straight ahead. (Notice hidden Mickey).

Man03.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter