DCL Picture of the Day - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many exposures are you blending and are you using photoshop or photomatrix/pro?

It is a beautiful HDR btw... not over done. Very nice.

Thank you. This was a 4 exposure bracket. I typically try to shoot at least 7 bracketed shots. I am not sure what I did that morning, but I seem to have miscounted on a good deal of my brackets leaving me with one less than I planned. (my camera does not have built in bracketing) I used Photomatix to merge the images.

Thank you. This was a 4 exposure bracket. I typically try to shoot at least 7 bracketed shots. I am not sure what I did that morning, but I seem to have miscounted on a good deal of my brackets leaving me with one less than I planned. (my camera does not have built in bracketing) I used Photomatix to merge the images.

Thanks. My camera will bracket 3, and that is all I have done so far using photomatrix pro. I really want to start bracketing more manually.. LOL but I am just too dang lazy to drag my heavy tripod with me all the time and I don't think I can be steady enough to hand hold more than 3 exposures.

Was it a pain to drag a tripod along on your cruise? Did you check it with other luggage or carry it on the ship?

Also - one more question and this is for anyone who has been lately.

I have heard mixed things on whether they allow photography during the shows. My youngest is a dancer ( college dance company now) so I totally understand the no flash thing. However, I never use flash for stage shows anyway. I don't need to. Do they allow NON flash photography or has all photography been a no go lately?

Thanks. My camera will bracket 3, and that is all I have done so far using photomatrix pro. I really want to start bracketing more manually.. LOL but I am just too dang lazy to drag my heavy tripod with me all the time and I don't think I can be steady enough to hand hold more than 3 exposures.

Was it a pain to drag a tripod along on your cruise? Did you check it with other luggage or carry it on the ship?

Also - one more question and this is for anyone who has been lately.

I have heard mixed things on whether they allow photography during the shows. My youngest is a dancer ( college dance company now) so I totally understand the no flash thing. However, I never use flash for stage shows anyway. I don't need to. Do they allow NON flash photography or has all photography been a no go lately?

Our experience has been, on our first 3 cruises you could take pictures during the show but, NO flash photography. In Oct 2011, the announcement at the shows changed to NO flash photography AND turn off your video screens on the back of your camera (do it the "old-fashioned" way, use the eye viewer). If your camera had no eye viewer, then you could take pictures AS LONG AS YOUR VIDEO SCREEN IS OFF. (Emphasis is theirs, not mine). In December 2011, the announcement was NO PHOTOGRAPHY.

I believe it's still no photography at the shows.

:cutie:

FantasyMarch12171.jpg

Disney Fantasy in St. Thomas, USVI.

I just got off the Fantasy. It's definitely no photography at all now. And it was very strictly enforced. There was someone at the back of the theater watching. As soon as a video screen appeared, the CM took off towards that person and tapped them on the shoulder. They were literally jogging towards the person as soon as they saw it.

. I have a Benro travel angel tripod that can fold up and fit in my camera bag which I carry on. I usually always have it with me. Regardless I'd still bring a tripod. The last 2 cruises I put it in my suitcase on the last night to lighten the load for the morning trek back to the car.

Our experience has been, on our first 3 cruises you could take pictures during the show but, NO flash photography. In Oct 2011, the announcement at the shows changed to NO flash photography AND turn off your video screens on the back of your camera (do it the "old-fashioned" way, use the eye viewer). If your camera had no eye viewer, then you could take pictures AS LONG AS YOUR VIDEO SCREEN IS OFF. (Emphasis is theirs, not mine). In December 2011, the announcement was NO PHOTOGRAPHY.

I believe it's still no photography at the shows.

:cutie:

In February 2012 there was a note on the navigators stating no photography in the shows period. Which was a departure from the usually no flash which was the case in Oct 2011. I'm just speculating here but, there has been a surge of DSLRs that shoot HD video coming to the market. Which would make it tougher to police video recording of the shows.

. I have a Benro travel angel tripod that can fold up and fit in my camera bag which I carry on. I usually always have it with me. Regardless I'd still bring a tripod. The last 2 cruises I put it in my suitcase on the last night to lighten the load for the morning trek back to the car.

Nice! And it is strong enough to hold a heavy camera body with a big (heavy) lens?

I have a canon 5DM2 and my older tripod could not handle the weight of that with my 70-200mm lens.

I will be lugging all my camera gear with me on board, but I am thinking about checking the manfrotto tripod in the bag with my luggage. That would just be way to much for me to be lugging around for that long. DH will be carrying the laptop bag and probably a day bag.

I just got off the Fantasy. It's definitely no photography at all now. And it was very strictly enforced. There was someone at the back of the theater watching. As soon as a video screen appeared, the CM took off towards that person and tapped them on the shoulder. They were literally jogging towards the person as soon as they saw it.

Probably for the best anyway - now I can just sit back and relax and enjoy the show instead of snapping away. ;)

Great pics guys!!
Scott love the HDR shots!!

Thanks Dave!

Nice! And it is strong enough to hold a heavy camera body with a big (heavy) lens?

The spec sheet lists the load capacity of the travel angel just over 13 pounds. The ball head is quite nice considering it came with the legs.

For extra stability I will hang my camera bag from the hook of the center post.

I have a set of Manfrotto legs that could stand up to a hurricane (kidding) that I rarely use because it is over 5 pounds.

Probably for the best anyway - now I can just sit back and relax and enjoy the show instead of snapping away. ;)

It is nice to sit back and enjoy the show.

To all you folks who routinely post pics here. My hat is off to you. You have an amazing eye. I just love your shots.

I really hate they no longer allow photography (non-flash) in the shows. I loved having pictures from our last cruise. I don't know what I will put in the scrapbook this time for the shows. :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter