DCL pick up times

farrishq

Earning My Ears
I am debating weather or not to go to AK the morning of our cruise. Which would get us to the port earlier, AK pick up or CBR pick up?

When we went in July we stayed at CBR and I think the pickup there was at 12:30 and the pickup at AK was at 12:45, or maybe it was the other way around. We ended up going to AK so that we would be able to at least see that park. It was pretty fun for the short time we were there. They gave us a fast pass for one of three different shows when we checked in there. I can't remember which shows, except for "Festival of the Lion King". We had time to go on the Safari, see the show and also see the "Bugs Life" show. We didn't get to port until around 2pm. We didn't have to wait in any lines to get on so at least that was one good thing. There was a long security line to get into the terminal though.

Who did you check-in with when you got to the AK? The cruise desk at the AK Lodge?

We are staying at the BC but our bus comes at 11:45am. We are thinking of doing the Cape May Cafe Breakfast that morning. Then just hanging out until the bus gets there.

The pick up times are really close together--they are all right around noon. The last time we did it, Port Orleans was 12:30, Poly was 12:15....don't remember the others, but all in that same ballpark.

Originally posted by Suzanne033
Who did you check-in with when you got to the AK? The cruise desk at the AK Lodge?

When we were doing our cruise check in at CBR when we checked in to the resort, they asked us if we wanted our pickup at the resort or at AK. We had to reserve the pickup at AK. When we got to AK there was a cruise check in area off to the side after you went through park security. We checked in there and they took our day bags. They also gave us a fast pass to go see one of three different shows.

We staying at AKL 3 nights but not on a land package. We book seperately from the cruise (Wonder). If we go to AK before we get the DCL bus what do we do with our luggage? Will they pick it up for us at AKL? Then we get picked up from AK? I'm so nervous about our bags getting lost !!

Also, when you check in with DCL at AK, do you still checkin at the Port?

Sorry for so many questions.

Thanks

We are staying at the CBR too and have transfers as well..I was planning on doing Ohana Character Breakfast that morning. Does anyone ask for a late check out when they stay at the resort to be picked up...Or do you go ahead and check out at 11?

I am also planning to do this on our Land/Sea Package on 10/14-21. I was just curios if we will still be allowed to go to AK for we only have 3 days at Land which starts Thursday. I remember reading this that Sunday is also included.
Thanks

Originally posted by tam012864
We are staying at the CBR too and have transfers as well..I was planning on doing Ohana Character Breakfast that morning. Does anyone ask for a late check out when they stay at the resort to be picked up...Or do you go ahead and check out at 11?

They will have moved your luggage to the pick-up area the night before so you can check out and go off to breakfast and then cram as much Disney stuff in as possible before the DCL bus arrives at the resort to pick up you and your bags....

What are their buses like? Are they coaches with restrooms etc.
How long from WDW to ship?

Newbie here and have a ton of questions (can you tell?)

I'd like to know about the trip as well.

Also, what exactly is the video shown on the bus?

The busses to have restrooms on them. As for the video, on our trip to port, they played one short Disney cartoon and then they played a video about the ship and then nothing. It seems like the trip to port was a little over an hour. I really wished that they had played cartoons the whole time to keep the kids occupied.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter