DCL Paperwork before cruise

Scrufsmom

Mouseketeer
Traveling with our crazy Disney friends and wondering why we got pre-cruise paperwork in the mail and they didn't. They tried calling and was told no need for that information just fill out paperwork online when it's time. Am I the only one who thinks there is something wrong here? Anyone have thoughts to add? They are so excited but somewhat bummed that nothing came in.

The booklet you receive in the mail has personalized information and it is fun to get but it isn't needed for the cruise itself. You can download all the information on line - and once printed looks similar to the booklet. And, everyone doesn't necessarily get it at the same time. I got mine a week after my daughter and we were on the same cruise and used the same travel agent. Last cruise we got ours before the rest of the family got theirs and when you belong to the meet and greet you will find that your fellow cruisers may have the same experience.

Did they book through a TA? If so, it went to the TA first and should be on the way.

If not, the fact they don't have it (yet) isn't a big deal. Sometimes things get lost or delayed in the mail.

Interesting information. We are traveling towards the end of the year, booked together through DVC and hence mine first theirs lost (I guess).

Theirs might still arrive. If they booked through DVC, they should call DVC to see if their paperwork has been sent yet. Or maybe they can resend it.

Have them call. My zip code was wrong on my documents but I never got a call. My moms was wrong and she got a call

Yeah, I just called my friends and asked them to call DVC regarding DCL. Response: All information is correct. DCL usually sends out the booklet and it might come or it might not. Geesh, they are like "why did our travel companions get one and we can't?". No real explanation, but it does show booked and ready to cruise. It is just the little things to make a trip a little more exciting to receive this in the mail. I have linked our reservations together so hopefully when we book excursions we can do it together. I think they are weary of this and feel they might lose out on opportunity.

We traveled with another couple in January 2015 and only them and DH (wasn't husband at the time and we had separate addresses) got a booklet. I called and they said not to worry about it. When we got to the port to go through security though, they said without the booklet, I wouldn't be allowed to go inside. They said I had to produce something proving I was sailing with them. I showed the online paperwork with my name on it and they didn't want to accept it. They eventually got a supervisor to come over and look it all over who finally let us all go in. They acted like it was a really big deal I didn't have it. After that, I make sure we are all listed in the book and have it ready to go. This was at Miami though, not PC.

I think they are weary of this and feel they might lose out on opportunity.

I've never had to show the booklet to get into the terminal, just my photo ID which security uses to check the passenger manifest. Sometimes we get, sometimes we don't, and sometimes we get it a week or two after others in our party. I always check in online and print the contract form that we have to sign and just take that. Although it's nice to have for the pre-cruise excitement, they have nothing to worry about. Just make sure they know what day they can get online to book their excursions, spa and Palo/Remy reservations.

don't be too upset... I was all excited when our 'book' arrived. The ONLY thing of use in it was luggage tags... Which... I bet you can get more of when you check in,.. Other than that a complete waste of paper, postage and time.

They seem to come at all different times prior to the cruise. I will say though, that every single DCL rep you speak with will have different information. They're not always right either. I've always gotten my booklet. Through a third party and through DCL itself.

Maybe they'll get it soon. pixiedust:

Side note: I've only ever talked to ONE rep that has actually been on a Disney cruise. They don't understand my need for control, or the excitement. ::yes::

Whoa totally forgot about the luggage tags!! Now I'm checking and if that is the case I'm going to tell them to call back and demand they get sent. My girlfriend travels with a minimum of 6 pieces of luggage for a weekend getaway, LOL. Thanks for the reminder.

Whoa totally forgot about the luggage tags!! Now I'm checking and if that is the case I'm going to tell them to call back and demand they get sent. My girlfriend travels with a minimum of 6 pieces of luggage for a weekend getaway, LOL. Thanks for the reminder.
Well, you'll only get 2 luggage tags for each person on the reservation, so you'll still need to pick up additional ones, either at the DCL transfer desk, or at the port.

When we were on the 10-day Med in 2007, we met a couple who wanted to give us a tour of their Roy Disney suite. She travelled with 22 pieces of luggage -- yes, 22. Most of the luggage was stored on the balcony (what a waste) because they couldn't fit it in the room. He spent thousands to transport all the luggage. She had one suitcase for shoes, one for wigs, one just for jewelry -- well, you get the idea. After that, I never felt bad anymore for the 2-3 pieces I sometimes bring plus carryons :lmao:

When we were on the 10-day Med in 2007, we met a couple who wanted to give us a tour of their Roy Disney suite. She travelled with 22 pieces of luggage -- yes, 22. Most of the luggage was stored on the balcony (what a waste) because they couldn't fit it in the room. He spent thousands to transport all the luggage. She had one suitcase for shoes, one for wigs, one just for jewelry -- well, you get the idea. After that, I never felt bad anymore for the 2-3 pieces I sometimes bring plus carryons :lmao:
Wow! I will definitely not feel bad for my 3-4 pieces for our 7 day cruise next year. I thought that having a suitcase for our pirate costumes was a bit much, but now I am definitely thinking I would be under-packing compared to that couple LOL

Wow! I will definitely not feel bad for my 3-4 pieces for our 7 day cruise next year. I thought that having a suitcase for our pirate costumes was a bit much, but now I am definitely thinking I would be under-packing compared to that couple LOL

When we did the Alaska Cruise and land tour (20 days) with HAL in 2012, I packed 6 (large) suitcases total for the three of us, and three carryons. We were the only ones in the whole group that had that many suitcases and the handlers were not happy about it, and I learned a valuable lesson about what not to bring LOL

We did WDW and a cruise one October and I filled a whole suitcase just with my DH and DD's pirate gear. They also used it at WDW for the Halloween party, but the pictures were worth it! They came out so awesome. Have fun.

When we did the Alaska Cruise and land tour (20 days) with HAL in 2012, I packed 6 (large) suitcases total for the three of us, and three carryons. We were the only ones in the whole group that had that many suitcases and the handlers were not happy about it, and I learned a valuable lesson about what not to bring LOL

We did WDW and a cruise one October and I filled a whole suitcase just with my DH and DD's pirate gear. They also used it at WDW for the Halloween party, but the pictures were worth it! They came out so awesome. Have fun.

Last year for the Great Alaskan Running Cruise (on RCCL) it was about 10 days - BUT I needed 4 running outfits with running shoes (and an extra pair of running shoes in case of rain), my clothes and shoes for dinner, and regular stuff plus one extra pair of shoes (again in case of rain). Plus, Alaska, so a jacket.

I managed to get it all into CARRY ON!!! :) Some creative layering for the plane ride, 2-gallon ziplock bags, wearing one pair of shoes and tying one to my backpack straps, and Lush bar shampoo and conditioner and voila! :) (Granted it got heavy lugging it from one side of the Seattle airport to the other, but hey...it saved me the baggage fee!)

We are traveling towards the end of the year

I have linked our reservations together so hopefully when we book excursions we can do it together.

Whoa totally forgot about the luggage tags!! Now I'm checking and if that is the case I'm going to tell them to call back and demand they get sent.

Based on your timeline ("towards the end of the year") and the fact that it sounds as though you haven't even done online check-in yet, I'd be surprised if what you received is the cruise documents booklet with the luggage tags. That doesn't usually come until about 3-4 weeks prior to your cruise. While exciting to get mail from DCL, I suspect what you received is basically a promotional piece and nothing your friends will miss out if they don't get it.

Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter