DCL Merchandise at WDW/MCO?

ChrisParker

DIS Veteran
Hello

I'm searched and searched :surfweb: but i can't find an answer to this one. I see that there are a few things available online, but can I buy DCL stuff either at the airport in Orlando or at DTD/WDW? We're surprising the kids with a cruise at Christmas and I want to wrap up a few things.

Thoughts?

TIA!!

:hippie:

Hello

I'm searched and searched :surfweb: but i can't find an answer to this one. I see that there are a few things available online, but can I buy DCL stuff either at the airport in Orlando or at DTD/WDW? We're surprising the kids with a cruise at Christmas and I want to wrap up a few things.

Thoughts?

TIA!!

We cruised the Fanatasy in February and when we got to MCO after cruise we stopped in Disney Store but found nothing for DCL. Plenty of other WDW and Disney stuff in general.

I'm pretty sure (with the exception of a few items online) that DCL merchandise is limited to the ship and CC merchandise to only the island shops. You may want to post to see if someone cruising soon would be able to pick something up for you. (You would pay cost and postage)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

You are more likely to find it at the Disney outlet store in Orlando than the MCO or DTD stores. And it will be the discontinued stuff. Recently I saw a bunch of t-shirts from the Fantasy 'Inaugural' year, tote bags, cups and mugs from DCL. This was at the St. Augustine outlet, about 1.5 hours from Port Canaveral.

Nancy

Thanks for the replies!! I will keep an eye out next week and possibly plan to wrap up a cruise planning DVD. Mickey is calling us at 10:00am on Christmas morning - priceless!!

:)

Outlets and the occasional disneystore.com items are the only places off the ships I have seen DCL merchandise.

About a year or so before the Magic made its debut they were promoting the cruise line at WDW. They actually had a DCL preview center on Main Street in MK.

At the preview center they sold t-shirts and license plate holder and assorted small items with DCL logos. We were going to be on the Maiden Voyage of the Magic so I had picked up 3 t-shirts for our kids as a surprise for Christmas (to reveal the cruise). They only had adult sizes but the kids didn't care!!!

I have not seen DCL merchandise at WDW since then.

MJ

When we were there last month, we found quite a bit of DCL merchandise at the Character Premier store at the Orlando Prime Outlets.

In addition, there were a few DCL pins (Castaway Cay, etc.) at the pin store at DTD. They may sell them elsewhere as well, but I wasn't watching for them.

When we were there last month, we found quite a bit of DCL merchandise at the Character Premier store at the Orlando Prime Outlets.

Yes, they tend to have merchandise at both the Vineland and International locations, although they are definitely leftovers. Odd sizes (only XS or XXL sometimes), batches that the sizes were mis-tagged, or discontinued items such as inaugural sailing/holiday choices.

Some open edition pins can be found, but nothing limited edition DCL for sale.

Hello

Thoughts?

TIA!!

DCL Merchandise at Disneystore.com

The Disney Store online doesn't have much, but they do have a scrapbooking kit, kids t-shirts and a Captain Mickey antenna topper.

We are also surprising our kids with a cruise for Christmas! :santa:

So far I have collected ( from disney store online) the DCL tote bag, DCL t-shirts for the three kids, plus mom and dad, three of the ship models, and various plush guys that will be hanging out of the bag. I'm also going to get new disney swimsuits, ( probably soon from walmart-since everything is on sale now) and whatever else I can find that they can use on the cruise. (Not necessary from DCL) And I haven't scheduled our call yet, but will do that too.

I'm hoping to wrap it in a gigantic box and they will have to do something to open it. Either answer a series of questions correctly, do some sort of physical challenge, etc.

I can't wait until Christmas morning!!!!

We are also surprising our kids with a cruise for Christmas! :santa:

So far I have collected ( from disney store online) the DCL tote bag, DCL t-shirts for the three kids, plus mom and dad, three of the ship models, and various plush guys that will be hanging out of the bag. I'm also going to get new disney swimsuits, ( probably soon from walmart-since everything is on sale now) and whatever else I can find that they can use on the cruise. (Not necessary from DCL) And I haven't scheduled our call yet, but will do that too.

I'm hoping to wrap it in a gigantic box and they will have to do something to open it. Either answer a series of questions correctly, do some sort of physical challenge, etc.

I can't wait until Christmas morning!!!!

I love those ideas!!! I've got the call scheduled and a spreadsheet (mostly so I do not go "over budget" - the cruise is the present, the cruise is the present...) and I think I'll do some T-Shirts etc with cruise stuff on as well. I've asked Barb one of the DISigners to do me a graphic that I think I'll have made into a puzzle, and then when it's assembled the kids will see their names and the cruise dates. Ta-daaa! I've been stocking up at the dollar store on princess pool rings and the like!

Thanks for all your ideas. :thumbsup2

I have seen DCL stuff sold at Disneys Outlet Store at Premium Outlets at Vineland. It is just a luck of the Draw though. It may have nothing one month to the next and then suddenly have some items. :)

Have you tried Ebay? You can find lots of things. One thing I usually do for my son is to order pins in lots of 25. He usually keeps 5 or 6 and the rest go with us for pin trading. I save a bunch of money in not having to buy the specific pins he wants and he gets to interact with people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter