DCL Magic CM Search: Do you know this man?

Buddy Bear

Tigger's Best Friend
Last year we went on a Eastern Caribbean and had the pleasure of being served by Wis and Dennis. Now not to play favorites but there are some people in this world that are born with a sprinkle of pixie dust and Dennis is one of those lucky few.

We are cruising again in November for Catherine's 13th birthday and nothing would make her happier then to have Dennis as her Assistant Server.

Our problem is that we want Dennis to be part of our family again on the cruise, but we don't know his last name therefore can’t request him specifically. If you know him, recognize him, or can get a message to him please let us know.

Jeff, Missy, Catherine, and little Sarah miss him so.

Thank you for any help.

dennis1.jpg

dennis2.jpg

dennis3.jpg

By any chance do you keep everything from your cruise as souveniers? If so, the CM's full name is on the stub from the tip ticket that GS gives you to pass on to them. HTH!

lbgraves said:
By any chance do you keep everything from your cruise as souveniers? If so, the CM's full name is on the stub from the tip ticket that GS gives you to pass on to them. HTH!

Lisa,

Good suggestion. I would not have thought about that. I do bring home a lot of stuff from the ship including the Navigators and just about anything else that has DCL written on it, but I just went through everything from our last August cruise and came up with nothing. I guess the tip stubs aren't as exciting as some of the souveniers. :earboy2:

Maybe I could write to one of the head servers? Does anybody have John Cunningham's email address? If you do please send it to me in a PM. Thanks

john.jpg

John and Sarah

I think the best way to request your server is to meet with the dining room manager once onboard. They do have it posted on the embarkation navigator for the place to go to make dining request/changes. (usually Rockin Bar D or Wavebands) and here you can talk with the dining room manager and request this server.

I have done this before for 'Philip" and they knew exactly who I was talking about. There are usually 2-3 crew members here and between them, they should know who you are speaking of.

I agree that is a great way to do it. We went there on our last cruise to ask if Rudy from South Africa was still on the ship. The manager knew exactly who we were talking about & took care of us. If in doubt, bring a picture of him with you to make sure they know who it is. :)

We had Dennis as our assistant server in October. I loved him!! I can't remember his last name but he is from the Philippines. Maybe that will help them locate him for your next cruise. Good luck. :wizard:

Our family had Dennis as a waiter back in April 2004. He was amazing and yes he was from the Phillipines. His last name was Po. I'll keep looking and see if I can find his email.

tarheel_girl said:
We had Dennis as our assistant server in October. I loved him!! I can't remember his last name but he is from the Philippines. Maybe that will help them locate him for your next cruise. Good luck. :wizard:

Ontario Kim said:
Our family had Dennis as a waiter back in April 2004. He was amazing and yes he was from the Phillipines. His last name was Po. I'll keep looking and see if I can find his email.

Thank you both for your help! The name was on the tip of my tongue but couldn't remember anything other than it was a short name. I am happy to hear he is still on the Magic and that others thought he was wonderful too.

When we sailed in late August he had to leave early to change over to the Wonder. Apparently they were short servers so he was called to help out.

I have an address to mail DCL CM's (letters, packages) so now with his name we will write, send photos, catch him up on the latest, and tell him of our Thanksgiving plans to sail on the Magic again.

Thank you again for your help,

Jeff, Missy, Catherine, and Sarah

:wave:

Actually Dennis' last name is Pei. He was our original asst. server on our first cruise (worked with Wasanui...great team!!)

Hugs,

RonnieJo :flower: :mickeybar

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter