DCL Magic 7-Day Cruise Cat 9 Deck 1 Oceanview Cabin

DVCfan1041

Earning My Ears
Hello.

We just booked the 7-day Western Caribbean cruise on the Magic in a deck 1 deluxe outside stateroom, and I wanted to make sure that the view was OK. The booking agent told me that the rooms have 2 smaller portholes. I really want to see what they look like since we will be doing a 7 day cruise.

Last year, we did the 4-day cruise in a Deck 2 Deluxe outside stateroom. The porthole was huge and we loved it (of course not a good as the veranda).

Has anybody seen the portals in the deck 1 deluxe outside staterooms? Can someone sent me a pic from inside the room?

thx.

We have traveled in a cat 9,twice, once with one big porthole on deck 2, and once with 2 smaller portholes on deck 1. I feel they each have there pros and cons. We have two kids, so each one has their own window, they can be closed tight at night for complete darkness, but on the other hand you don't have as large of a view. Check out (the 3w's dot)disneycruiser(dot)info/deck1(dot). It's from the Platinum Castaway Club Website.

When are you traveling?I will take pictures of the view from my room (floor 1 cat 9) on May 20th cruise.If you cruise before that I cant help though.
:hourglass

Well, after seeing the pictures of the double portal for oceanview rooms on deck 1, I decided to call the cruise line and try to switch to deck 2 oceanview connecting rooms. Last year we were on deck 2 and we really loved the BIG portal. So the agent said that she doubted that they would have 2 connecting rooms on deck 2 available at such a short notice (sailing on 6/17). After about a 5 minute wait, she came back and said that surprisingly they did! She said that someone must have cancelled their trip last minute. The change cost me $75 but I was glad to pay it.

It only goes to show you that is never hurts to ask about anything.

party:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter