• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"DCL Klondike Kruisers" - August 23, 2011 PART 2

Ok when I search hotwire i don;t even see anything list like that.

You're right...I just pulled up hotwire as well. I believe the Pan Pacific may be listed as the 4 star in the downtown Vancouver West area with the 90% customer rating for $126/nt.

ok I have never used hotwire what happens if you don;t want the hotel they are hiding from you and you bid on it

Congrats on the clothes being to big. I was afraid mine would be too small.:scared1: The suitcases are great and were not as expensive As I thought they woud be. :banana:

Well my mom had a bit of a small health scare. It all turned out mostly ok, but we've drastically changed our diet in our house. She eats no white flour, rice, or sugar. I do if I'm not eating with her, but we mostly eat complex whole grain carbs, lean protein, lots of fruits and veggies. So we are all eating quite healthy and some things just don't fit anymore! It's an ok problem to have I guess!

Ya I have a small pile of socks out, does that count?

Yes! That has to count! Otherwise that means I'm not getting ready at all!

There is Alaskan Brewery in Juneau, we are debating a tour, tours are free if you get there on your own or they do run a shuttle from their outlet in downtown Juneau. Info is all on their website.

I love love love beer and would like a trip to a brewery very much. Only problem is my family isn't quite the beer type! If some of you guys want to have a mini meetup at the brewery, I would definitely love to tag along. We are planning on going up to the Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center that day and doing some hiking. After hiking, beer would be nice. So maybe that afternoon? I know we have a short time in Juneau, but maybe it could be some time right before we need to head back to the ship.

ok I have never used hotwire what happens if you don;t want the hotel they are hiding from you and you bid on it
Your stuck with it because they charge your credit card right away. I personally love Hotwire....we got Sheraton Wall center for dirt cheap three nights pre cruise

You are stuck with whatever you get. I chose based on what most closely matched what I thought was the Pan Pacific....90% rating, area, approximate price range. You select and pay and then hold your breath hoping.....

Thanks for all this Hotwire talk. Our hotels are already set as we're using starwood points at the Westin's in both Seattle and Vancouver, BUT our rental car was A LOT of money. I've been checking daily to see if rates dropped and today with all the hotwire talk I decided to check to see what their rate was! I was able to save us $125 AND get a bigger car!!!! We were using Budget as they were the cheapest at the airport, but in additional to the high rate, they were going to charge us $10 a day to go back into WA(which would have been $50). With Hotwire, the only risk was getting Enterprise (they're a shuttle), but we got National!!! I'm super excited now!!!!!!

When I did this, I kept the thought that no matter what it was going to be a hotel with excellent customer reviews and an excellent star rating for a great price.

so how did you know it was the sheraton
I based my decision on the star rating 4+ stars area we wanted and yes we held our breath.....but it saved us over half what it would have cost us if we hadn't booked through Hotwire.....I understand your concern with the hotel thing but if it is a 4 star how bad could it be. I have never stayed at a 4 star hotel and been really horrified. If you want to spend around $300.00 plus a night that is up to you at least you will get the exact hotel you want with no worries.

Maybe we will try and see how it works out. Just hard to know i am even going to the right location in vancover. It is some much easier to book WDW. lol

Maybe we will try and see how it works out. Just hard to know i am even going to the right location in vancover. It is some much easier to book WDW. lol

I booked the Pan Pacific on Hotwire for pre-stay last month. It is a 5 star on other sites, and was a 5-star in June, when we went up for a night and was happy with the results.

You may be happy with the one you thought was it. I looked at Kayak, and the only other hotel with a spa was the Fairmont Pacific Rim, so would either be bad? When I did this in June....there was no other hotel listed in the area with a spa.....so the data has been updated on Hotwire.

Good luck...

We are staying at the Sheraton Wall Center pre cruise....I don't think anyone else on our cruise is staying there though......if so speak up...lol

We are also staying at the wall centre pre-cruise, and the Hyatt Regency post-cruise!

There is a map that shows you the sections of Vancouver. If you pull it up and look closely (I really had to search), you will see the Vancouver west area contains Canada Place. If you want to be close to the pier this is the area you want to select.

We are at the Coastal Coal harbor from Sat the 20th!!

Can't wait 9 days!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter