• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"DCL Klondike Kruisers" - August 23, 2011 PART 2

Got our cruise docs yesterday in the mail. We are about half way packed since most of the stuff we don't wear in the summer here in Florida. Still trying to decide on a few things. Have to fit our pre-cruise camping and kayaking gear in so makes packing quite a challenge. Hoping I can find a box store near our hotel in Vancouver so we can send the camping gear back home before we board the ship. Have plugged almost all the telephone numbers into my phone and have copies of all the paperwork. So much to plan when you are traveling cross country but can't wait - have been counting the days.:yay:

Will our cell phones work in Canada & Alaska?

yes they will, but Canada is considered international so will cost big $$$ to use them. I have AT&T and Alaska is included in my plan, so I'll be fine there. I'd check with your provider to see if you have Alaska coverage.

Got our cruise docs yesterday in the mail. We are about half way packed since most of the stuff we don't wear in the summer here in Florida. Still trying to decide on a few things. Have to fit our pre-cruise camping and kayaking gear in so makes packing quite a challenge. Hoping I can find a box store near our hotel in Vancouver so we can send the camping gear back home before we board the ship. Have plugged almost all the telephone numbers into my phone and have copies of all the paperwork. So much to plan when you are traveling cross country but can't wait - have been counting the days.:yay:

camping and a cruise packing, THAT would be a tough one!

We have Verizon and were told yes they would work in the Alaskan ports and "sometimes" while at Sea but there may be roaming charges (which to me equates to run off my phone as I don't want to find out!).

I am hoping we can figure out something for Vancouver but haven't gotten that far yet. Just know I want to be able to touch bases with my friend Cheryl as we are both going to be trying to get us some brunch or tea ressies for her birthday as soon as we board.

AT&T is the primary vender in Alaska...According to one of the residents there. Take it for what it is worth. Maybe they just like AT&T. I have AT&T and amcrossing my fingers. Although I have no one to call. My two DGDs may want to call home, so we will wait for Alaska to do that. I already admitted I was cheap! They can use WIFI in the hotel and Skype. See I am a nice person too.;)

AT&T is the primary vender in Alaska...According to one of the residents there. Take it for what it is worth. Maybe they just like AT&T. I have AT&T and amcrossing my fingers. Although I have no one to call. My two DGDs may want to call home, so we will wait for Alaska to do that. I already admitted I was cheap! They can use WIFI in the hotel and Skype. See I am a nice person too.;)

I am computer stupid, so my smart phone will work for internet as long as the hotel has wi-fi. I am cheap too so I sure don't want to pay, but we need to meet up with all our group!!!

I am computer stupid, so my smart phone will work for internet as long as the hotel has wi-fi. I am cheap too so I sure don't want to pay, but we need to meet up with all our group!!!

Yes, if your smart phone has wifi. Remember you still may have to pay to use the hotel's wifi. I know mine charges $15 a day.....

My DH called verizon today and they said that we do have service in Alaska. We were also able to add a month of voice for Canada for $20 for both of our phones. We did it because we want to be able to communicate.

Oh no! I hope you get things cleared up there soon!

Thanks me too! I think I'm going to skip the gym today, there just aren't enough hours in the day!

I'm off to a slow start because last night I was at the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows midnight release! It was great fun. The theater made a double feature ticket so I could watch part 1 at 9pm and then stay in my seat and watch part2 at Midnight. All for $12, plus drink and food specials (since were were there for five hours :lmao:) It was a blast! But now I'm sleepy!

I checked my voicemail and had a message from my TA saying my cruise docs had arrived. I swung by there while doing some errands and I now have them!

It's so much more real when you have the luggage tags! :yay:

Hi Everyone,
We got our cruise documents too today!!:woohoo: I am so excited!:banana: Let the countdown begin........:hourglass
Vicki

:cool1:Some of my cruise docs came today.

Does anyone know----will my mom receive her own package in the mail? She is staying in the same cabin with me, but I entered her address under the online check in form?

Also---my DH and DS are booked in a separate cabin on DVC points. Will they also receive a separate cruise doc package?

The info in my cruise doc lists myself, DD, and DNiece.

Is there a particular meeting place onboard that has been established yet?:confused3

Very good question! I think something was going around about meeting at 3pm on the embarkation day at Preludes? I could be totally wrong though! ;)

:cool1:Some of my cruise docs came today.

Does anyone know----will my mom receive her own package in the mail? She is staying in the same cabin with me, but I entered her address under the online check in form?

Also---my DH and DS are booked in a separate cabin on DVC points. Will they also receive a separate cruise doc package?

The info in my cruise doc lists myself, DD, and DNiece.

I think the documents come one per room and to the primary booking address of that room. The docs have a copy of your insurance plan, the luggage tags for each person in the room, and information about what you've booked for the room. My party has two rooms so we got two books. They were sent to the TA because we had booked through AAA (even though our actual addresses are on the reservations, if that makes sense)

So your DH and DS should get docs because they have a separate room. But your mom shouldn't get one. Her name will just be listed in the docs as one of the people in the room. You will get her luggage tags in the docs they send to you too. Our DGM is coming too and although her address in SC is listed in the reservation, she will not receive anything from them. I will give her the luggage tags when we arrive at the terminal.

I think! :lmao:

Thanks.

I am asking b/c her luggage tags were NOT included in my packet. I guess I will have to call DCL.

I wasn't expecting my DH and DS's info in my packet, but figured they should get their own as well since they were booked through DVC. Hopefully theirs will come on Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter