DCL House Party Sweepstakes Winners? UPDATE 1-31-10

I think this is why we don't know who won. I will try to get a SASE mailed today. I'm in California, if anyone on the east coast can mail one, you'll probably get a faster response and then we can post the winners here. I got this information from the bottom of the official rules page.

"WINNER'S LIST. To request a list of winners, send a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to "Share the Magic Sweepstakes - Winner's List Request", c/o House Party, Inc., One Bridge Street, Suite 105, Irvington, NY 10533. Requests must be received by February 15, 2010."

I think this is why we don't know who won. I will try to get a SASE mailed today. I'm in California, if anyone on the east coast can mail one, you'll probably get a faster response and then we can post the winners here. I got this information from the bottom of the official rules page.

"WINNER'S LIST. To request a list of winners, send a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to "Share the Magic Sweepstakes - Winner's List Request", c/o House Party, Inc., One Bridge Street, Suite 105, Irvington, NY 10533. Requests must be received by February 15, 2010."

I think that is standard for most sweepstakes.

For the previous House Party (in January 2008), they made a big deal out of announcing the winners on the HP site.

This is the response I got back from HP. Wonder why it is taking so long?

'Thank you for your email. The winners are still being finalized, but they will be announced on the party website when all is said and done."

:confused3

I wonder if they've had to do anything different given the problems with the token distribution. I know giving everyone 75 tokens instead of 15 tokens to each host to distribute had to have changed the published odds (if there were any published, but I thought most sweepstakes are pretty well controlled in that aspect.)

I think they are being a lot more careful about the tax liabilties, too. If you win, they will send you a 1099 on the "Retail Value" of the cruise and all, they will use the HIGHEST price. You hae to be prepared to pay federal and state (if you have it) income taxes on that value. For 4 people, it can be costly, and it can bump you into a hight tax bracket easily. I wouldn't mind winning, but I would hate that tax bill!

a bit off topic but.....i wasn;'t picked to host the party however i did get an email that said to expect a print as consolation. i have never received anything. anyone else get this? maybe i should ask this in its own thread....hmmmmm

I think they are being a lot more careful about the tax liabilties, too. If you win, they will send you a 1099 on the "Retail Value" of the cruise and all, they will use the HIGHEST price. You hae to be prepared to pay federal and state (if you have it) income taxes on that value. For 4 people, it can be costly, and it can bump you into a hight tax bracket easily. I wouldn't mind winning, but I would hate that tax bill!

I won the Doorway to Dreams one year anniversary giveaway a year ago last August and Disney very nicely paid for the taxes that I would owe as well on the trip. They gave me a check for $3500 to cover them! :banana:

a bit off topic but.....i wasn;'t picked to host the party however i did get an email that said to expect a print as consolation. i have never received anything. anyone else get this? maybe i should ask this in its own thread....hmmmmm

I think on the DCL Party Central page someone mentioned having received the print. I would email the HP customer service and ask about it.

I won the Doorway to Dreams one year anniversary giveaway a year ago last August and Disney very nicely paid for the taxes that I would owe as well on the trip. They gave me a check for $3500 to cover them! :banana:

Sweet! pixiedust:

I won a laptop and pronter from the Mission:space contest and got a 1099.

Them giving you a check is not quite the same as paying the taxes, you have to pay taxes on that money, too. What would be better is for ythem to "goss up" the 1099, show the value of the gift and then them pay the taxes directly to the IRS and the state.

As to the print, I would be happy to get one, the party stuff was great, but a print would be nice for the Mickey room.

I got it. Its an 8x10 print. I got it a month or two ago.

Just went to the house party website and found this:

Friday, January 29 2010, 11:32 am

Share the Magic Sweepstakes

From the Disney Cruise Line House Party Event
.CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR CRUISE WINNERS!

Bill G– from Maryland

Robert S – from Florida

These two individuals were the lucky winners of the “Share the Mage Sweepstakes.”

We appreciate everyone’s participation in this great sweepstakes!

http://www.houseparty.com/party_talk/posts/15912

No cruise for me and I didnt get the print either.
DOUBLE BUMMER!!!:confused::headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter