DCL for couples

April was my & DH 9th cruise on DCL. We have had table mates on 7 out of the 9 cruises. Our first cruise it was our then 21 year old son & us and on our April cruise we finally ended up with a table for just the 2 of us. I commented to my husband that it would really be nice not having to keep up a conversation while trying to eat. I am a slow eater to begin with and trying to talk while eating can cause problems for me. If someone makes me laugh, I sometimes get a tickle in my throat that turns into a choking fit. Not fun and very embarrassing. This time, with no table mates, I was able to relax and enjoy my dinner. I am hoping that on our next cruise we end up alone again, but I am not counting on it.

We are another childless couple that really enjoys Disney Cruises. We went to WDW for our Honeymoon in 2000 - got married in 1998. Then we were wanting to try a cruise and Disney seemed the obvious choice so we did the 4day Dream in 2014 and loved it. One of our favorite parts is running around getting pictures with all the characters. Mom and Stepfather was with us (separate room) and we thought we would sit with others but ended up at a table for 4. Next cruise we planned was Alaska in 2015. Since we still had Mom and stepfather and now added MIL / SIL in a third room we resigned our self to a table for 6. But our next cruise is NY 2016 and it will be just the two of us and we are looking forward to being seated with others. I also enjoy Cabanas. I like the buffet and the ability to take a little bit of this and that and go back for a little bit more.

Seems every trip, we see more and more couple, of all ages on our DCL cruises. The Disney Magic and Pixie dust keeps everyone busy doing all type of things.:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter