DCL Family does NCL

Just got back from wonder but before I left ncl had kids sale free, free beverage, free dining package, and free additional people. Can't find that deal now. Is it over?

I think it's over. You just need to keep an eye on the prices as we booked last June and had a cheaper rate than all those deals for our cruise.

You may not know or be able to answer this if its not an issue for you or if you did not observe this, but do you have any sense about handling of food allergies on your NCL cruise? We have always sailed Disney, just like we vacation a lot at WDW, because DS8 has a dairy allergy and they just do a great job.
DH and I took an Alaskan cruise on Celebrity last spring without the kids and ate in a specialty restaurant for dinners as it was included in our room package. We didn't really look into the food allergy thing because we really felt DCL was just way better all around and so wouldn't be booking a cruise with the kids on Celebrity.
But, sailing for less $$ and possibly out of New York interests me!

You may not know or be able to answer this if its not an issue for you or if you did not observe this, but do you have any sense about handling of food allergies on your NCL cruise? We have always sailed Disney, just like we vacation a lot at WDW, because DS8 has a dairy allergy and they just do a great job.
DH and I took an Alaskan cruise on Celebrity last spring without the kids and ate in a specialty restaurant for dinners as it was included in our room package. We didn't really look into the food allergy thing because we really felt DCL was just way better all around and so wouldn't be booking a cruise with the kids on Celebrity.
But, sailing for less $$ and possibly out of New York interests me!

I know they asked us every night in the restaurants if we had any food allergies. We didn't so that was the extent of our experience.

Thank you for your observations. We have cruised DCL three times in the last four years and love it, but when I went to book for spring break 2016 the prices just did me in. I ended up booking the Breakaway with a one bedroom suite in the Haven for about $1000 less than a verandah cabin would have cost us on DCL for that same week. (and that's not including airfare savings). As much as I love Disney, that Haven area is looking pretty good to me. We'll have to see how it goes!

I've totally considered NCL Haven suites, but I have younger children. Would you think that NCL would work as well for younger kids or is it better for olders? Mine would be roughly 3, 5 and 8 when we sail.

I've totally considered NCL Haven suites, but I have younger children. Would you think that NCL would work as well for younger kids or is it better for olders? Mine would be roughly 3, 5 and 8 when we sail.

They would enjoy the Nickelodeon characters and they are old enough for the clubs. The splash area is nice, but they'd probably get nothing out of the shows.

Just got back from wonder but before I left ncl had kids sale free, free beverage, free dining package, and free additional people. Can't find that deal now. Is it over?

ksf and the option for free dining/beverage still on on. today they added the free gratuity for 1st 2 pax. it's such a great deal we're considering booking with them too but my heart still leaning towards disney b/c my kids are 4 & 5 and are at the age where they still believe in the "magic."

They would enjoy the Nickelodeon characters and they are old enough for the clubs. The splash area is nice, but they'd probably get nothing out of the shows.

which nick characters were there? did you find the eve shows to be family friendly? were there lots of activities to do as a family?

ksf and the option for free dining/beverage still on on. today they added the free gratuity for 1st 2 pax. it's such a great deal we're considering booking with them too but my heart still leaning towards disney b/c my kids are 4 & 5 and are at the age where they still believe in the "magic."
Wow, that is a great deal.... Hrm. Is that only on the older ships or the newer ones too?

Wow, that is a great deal.... Hrm. Is that only on the older ships or the newer ones too?
It completely varies by sailing. There are links right form the homepage of NCL. But it is on newer ships as well. The KSF has been going on since Feb.1st and was extended, but not sure for how much longer. That plus the free dining package won us over easily.

We just booked the newest ship the Escape with the beverage package and ksf for next January. It's a great deal.

which nick characters were there? did you find the eve shows to be family friendly? were there lots of activities to do as a family?

Characters: Dora, Diego, Sponge bob and Patrick are the ones that I can remember and another character from Sponge bob that I can't name
As a family we did the following:
Pools
waterslides
Splash area
ropes course
Rock climbing
bowling ($5 per game)
movie in the atrium
deck parties - 80s party with fireworks, glow party and the spillway party. There was also a final night party, but we didn't go
Shows - my daughter is 10 and loved the shows
cupcake decorating class - my kids loved this (there was a small class with direct instruction for $40 or a free one in the atrium, we did both)
balloon making class
circus class
Illusionarium - magic show dinner theatre
Mini putt

There were other family activities that we didn't make it to
family dodge ball
character breakfast (there is a cost for this)

We just booked it for the newest ship that is still being built.
We booked a balcony room for next January with 2 adults, 2 kids 7 night cruise with the all inclusive beverage plan for $2600.

did you feel like you were nickel and dimed? i am so close to booking our next cruise on ncl (to save $$$) but afraid that in the end, it'll even out to a dcl cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter