DCL DVD very dissapointing and annoying!!

fairytalelover

DIS Veteran
We were so excited to see the DCL DVD last night! We had already watched the DCL special on the Travel Channel and loved that. But we watched the DCL DVD that was sent to us and it was very boring and annoying actually.

First of all you had to keep clicking your remote every 2 seconds to get to another section and that annyed the heck out of us. Then it was just a few seconds worth of informaiton on each section before we had to move on to another category.

The special on the Travel Channel was much better and more informative. Good God, my finger hurt after all of that clicking of the remote. Geez. It just didnt flow very well. I wish you could just hit play sit back and relax and have them tell you about everything and show you everything. I dont understand the people that say that they are addicted to the DVD. We never want to watch it again. We saved the Travel Channel show about DCL and that is the one that we have watched over and over again. It;s entertaining, it's very informative, it even teaches you about the history of the cruise line and you dont have to keep clicking from category to category every two seconds.

On the other hand, our WDW planning DVD just arrived yesterday too and we popped that in after we couldnt stand watching the DCL one any more and that was very entertaining and informative and even funny!

I completely agree, it almost got on my nerves to try to watch it, it felt so interupted!!!We got the new WDW DVD and it is so much better than the old one. I was hoping Disney would "update" the cruise DVD. Maybe they are watching the boards.

I totally agree about the new WDW DVD being better than the old one. I liked the old one but this new WDW DVD was so much more detailed about the parks and we really liked the actors in it, especially Dave the "leisure" guy. He cracked us up. :rotfl2: But the best part? WE HIT PLAY ONCE AND SAT BACK, RELAXED AND WATCHED THE SHOW.

I think the point of it is that it is completely interactive, so if you're looking for a particular piece of info, you just click and watch it without having watch the whole thing or scan it for info. I LOVE it! (except last time I watched it, the batteries were low on my remote, so I had to hit the buttons a couple of times to get it to work! *oh, heaven forbid!* :rotfl: )
But if you're just looking for a sit back and relax video, I can see where it could be a little annoying. To each his/her own. :wave:

The VHS tape allows you to sit back and enjoy.

It is nice to be able to just to certain sections of the DVD but it would be nice if yu could just select play and it went through the entire DVD. I did get a new one in the mail earlier this week and DH thought it was the same DVD as the other one we have but I thought this one was different. This one came in a book, not a DVD case like the last one I got did.

glindamood said:
It is nice to be able to just to certain sections of the DVD but it would be nice if yu could just select play and it went through the entire DVD. I did get a new one in the mail earlier this week and DH thought it was the same DVD as the other one we have but I thought this one was different. This one came in a book, not a DVD case like the last one I got did.

Ours came in a book also. Most DVDs have the option of playing the whole thing in one go or going to scene selection. This oen did not give you a choice so you were forced to watch small choppy pieces of info and then start clicking your arrow up, down, sideways, around ...UGH!! :rolleyes: The travel chanel show was awesome and outstanding!!! Way better than the DCL DVD in my opinion. :badpc:

fairytalelover said:
Ours came in a book also. Most DVDs have the option of playing the whole thing in one go or going to scene selection. This oen did not give you a choice so you were forced to watch small choppy pieces of info and then start clicking your arrow up, down, sideways, around ...UGH!! :rolleyes: The travel chanel show was awesome and outstanding!!! Way better than the DCL DVD in my opinion. :badpc:

We feel the same way. I liked the book the DVD came in...different than before. But the actual DVD is dissapointing. I want something like the Travel Channel show but more involved...and i dont want to have to click something every few seconds. I have carpal tunnel and that doesnt help! LOL

I do like to have the option to find one specific thing quickly...but i want the option to sit back and "relax" and enjoy the DVD!

I know we can't complain too much...hey...its FREE and its DISNEY...but its not my favorite.

I havent seen this one yet, its on order, But I saw the WDW this year and felt that one for lack of another word SUCKED.

For a 50th celebration, they could have done more.
Make it a cross between then and now with Disney magic mixed in.
all this one had was either a slap stick guy falling alsleep or a thrill rise junkie.

And the main host while perky and also anoying.

I liked last one much better,

Oh well we all have our likes and dislikes.

I was looking forward to the DCL dvd coming. If it's not as good as, or better than, the TC show, I'm not going to like it either.
I do, however, have to vote a big NO for the new WDW dvd. I didn't like the "new and improved" format and hosts at all.

mecook, don't be disappointed until you get yours. Everyone's opinions and tastes are different. You may really like it, we've enjoyed ours.

The DVD was really annoying for us until we came upon the section with the hypnotist - very soothing from that point on, even if he did drone on and on and on about sending all of our money to Disney.

On a brighter note, I'm happy to report that we've booked back-to-back cruises over Christmas and New Years, along with bookend WDW stays!!! Can't wait for the DVC sales talk!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter