• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL drink pics

This was the Martini Tasting. The tall light green colored one with the pineapple slice on the rim is an "Island Cay" martini and it is probably the yummiest thing I have ever tasted. It's coconut rum, Midori, pineapple juice, and coconut cream! MMMMM! Wish I had one right now!
NYE09Cruise10063.jpg

How do you sign up for this martini tasting?

How do you sign up for this martini tasting?

Go to Guest Services when you board. It's $15pp. The beer tasting was very good as well..........I think:lmao:. They give you quite a bit to "sample" in such a short time:rotfl:

How long does the martini tasting generally last? The navigators I've seen list it as beginning at 5PM, but we have early seating for dinner--would I be able to make it to dinner in time?

TIA :goodvibes

martini tasting doesn't last long and you'll have time to get to dinner. We had early seating and had just enough time.

What is in it? What does it taste like?

I found this thread from 2008 that has what's in it. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=26030545

I can't really describe what it tastes like. I can usually taste a lot of gin in it, though, which I enjoy. It has a fru fru drink kind of appearance, but I think it's not as subtle. It's not as sweet to me as something like a Konk Cooler or Bahama Mama. It kind of says, "Yeah, I'm pretty to look at but watch out!" :rotfl:

How long does the martini tasting generally last? The navigators I've seen list it as beginning at 5PM, but we have early seating for dinner--would I be able to make it to dinner in time?

TIA :goodvibes

Really??? Ours was at about 2pm on a sea day. So was the beer tasting. I think it lasted about an hour.

We did the tequila and margarita tasting last week and it was fun and informative. Rudolpho from Signals was the presenter and did a great job explaining the intricacies of tequila and mezcal. Fun!!!

:thumbsup2:

We did the tequila and margarita tasting last week and it was fun and informative. Rudolpho from Signals was the presenter and did a great job explaining the intricacies of tequila and mezcal. Fun!!!

:thumbsup2:

:woohoo: Do share...Tell us more, did you get different drinks like sunrise & margarita or do they serve the different colors like blanco, gold ect? Do they actually serve mezcal?? Do they serve liqueors (spelling) like Tequila Rose (tastes like a strawberry shake, yum) :drinking1 :goodvibes

The tasting consisted of three different tequilas.

First was the "mystery tequila" which was immediately identified as Patron Silver. Nice but a bit harsh.

Second was a Don Julio Anejo which was delightful. I bought a few bottles of this via duty free.

Third was a Herradurro Reposado which was also quite excellent.

Then a Strawberry Margarita :-)eek:)

And finally a classic Margarita which was :thumbsup2:
Then, four members of the group including DW, took the front of the room to do Tequila Submarines!!!!

All in all, one hour of fun and education. Highly recommended.

Oh, darn!!! When I saw this thread on the first page, I thought, "Great, more pics!" Now, well, you know... come on guys, need more drink pics. I'm leaving in a week for the TA so if I remember, I'll take some and post when I get back. Problem is I usually finish the drink before I remember the picture!! :lmao:

hi there

we loved the cocktails on the disney magic.....around $700 worth in 7 days :confused3

so this time we may look for the buy one get one free deals.....

tell me....why is it that rum tastes better in the caribbean????

enjoy!

dta87, what is that? Looks good!

It's called "sgroppino"

1.5 oz Absolut Vodka
2 oz Sparkling Wine (prosecco)
4 scoops Lemon Sherbert

Our servers at Palo have bought us these at the end of our meals. They are a great end to a great meal!

I was just thinking that myself about the Margarita 2 for 1's. Why didn't i find these deals?:rotfl2: The ONLY 2 for 1 deal I got was late afternoon on Castaway Cay (THE LAST DAY) Bahama Mamas. There were 4 of us and we were all double fisted:lmao: It was late (2pm or so)

When we were there mid-December, it was 2 for 1 Konk Koolers .. let me just say that it is nearly impossible to drink 2 of those in a row. I ended up tossing about 2/3 of my second one away. :sad2: Give me the 2 for 1 Bahama Mamas any day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter