DCL Discount?

gracie89

Mouseketeer
Hi Guys
Our family is considering joining DVC and we recently went to a meeting onboard the Disney Fantasy to check it all out. At this meeting the rep said that member services often post cruise discounts for DVC members typically at 35%, is this true?

Any advice on this matter is greatly appreciated.

It has been a long time since they had offers. The offers were for very limited sailings. It is definitely not something to count on.

Hmmm right definitely not how the cast member pitched it but just as I suspected! Thanks for the response!

I am Platinum on DCL, so I do enjoy the line. I was never able to take advantage of an offer. I think I was working then. I have been retired over a year.

IIRC, there have been only three cash discounts extended to DVC members. When they were offered, they were after the paid in full date and weren't much different than the discounts available to the general public.

Last fall (late Oct, Nov, early December - excluding holidays) they offered us a 30% discount on only the 7 night Magic sailings. It was a great deal and was offered before the PIF date, so you only had a deposit first. We actually booked it. Been a member for 10 years and only remember one other one which was June 2012 to fill last minute cabins on the Fantasy when she started sailing. I wished I could've done that one, but it was so last minute and we had just returned from a 2 week WDW trip. Those are the only 2 I remember. I wished they would offer a discount all of the time. I would take advantage of that. OP, your were given bad info.

Sales ploy, DVC is best used for DVC resort stays. Disney advertises all of these other things that you can use your points for or maybe other discounts but some might call it a fools paradise.

For DCL, discounts go to Florida residents, then the Military, then DVC if they still need to fill cabins. The category available may not be the best.

:earsboy: Bill

It wasn't a discount, but sometimes the DVC rate (eg pay for one person with points, then cash for others) is more reasonable if they have any left. I just paid 54 points (my ex had let 65 go into holding) for a child + $1200 (plus $95 booking fee) for 2 Adults on a 5 night cruise to Mexico 11C GTY. The cash rate was running $3700 for the same 3 people, or $3400 with an OBB discount I had from my 2012 cruise.

It was a unique circumstance (having holding points, booking the cruise within 5 days of sailing) but it worked out for us!

Might be worth calling DVC to see about a cash/point booking if the price of the cruise you want to go on is too high they may have cabins open for DVC left.

When booking through DVC using points & cash, the cash portion is payable in full at the time the booking in made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter