Dcl deleted my mde and dvc accounts!

jcjen519

DIS Veteran
I think.....here's what happened.

I have (or had) a dvc account as well as a disney cruise and mde account. I called dis cruise today because I saw availability on deck 12 which we prefer. The cm couldn't see the room and told me to modify online. Which I explained the site has never let me do despite the fact that we didn't book with a travel agent. In trying to resolve that she mentioned something about multiple accounts and deleting them. She didn't go into detail and I thought she meant I had more than One dcl account or something.

Well then I try to log on to dvc to make a reservation...I get the new set up an account screen? What??? Then I try mde and same thing. I'm kind of at a loss. Do I call each individually? Or just dcl hoping they can fix it since they "broke" it? By the way I still can't modify with dcl online so...... Still no fix there! Wwyd?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Call DVC and ask to speak to someone on the Internet Support team. They will identify all of your Disney-related online accounts and then reset all of the log-ins and passwords to a single log-in and password to use on ALL of your Disney accounts (DVC, DCL, MDE, ESPN, ABC, etc). I just went through this about four months ago. Good luck!

Ditto....I had the same problem. Changed the password on one account and couldn't get into any of my accounts....something in my profile changed and it affected all the accounts. We don't have DVC so I called the number I found for the Disney website. It also affected my Disneystore.com account.

Got them all fixed finally by talking to Disney support!!!

MJ

Thanks! It took several days but a few hours ago everything was back to normal.

I still can't modify a DCL reservation online but i'm okay with that! too afraid to try to resolve that issue again ;)

I still can't modify a DCL reservation online but i'm okay with that! too afraid to try to resolve that issue again ;)

do you want to change your cabin # on your reservation? do you see a clickable link that says "add a stateroom"? you can modify your existing stateroom assignment from that.

Probably not your problem, but if anyone else were to read this I have had a similar issue previously.

My problem is my last name. My Legal last name is my Maiden name space my married name. That is the name on my passport so that is the name that I have to have registered with DCL. In practice I typically only use my married last name (which is the name on my DL but that is a different issue all together) so I frequently only use that name.

All the Disney Family websites use a central database (ABC, ESPN, DCL, MDE, etc) so when I registered for another site it changed my last name to my married name only and this locked me out of my DCL account because my name didn't match that of my CC ID or the name registered for the cruise.

When this happened I called and DCL couldn't fix it so I had ato go back to whatever site it was I made the change and fix my name there so it fixed it with DCL. Now anytime I register for anything in a Disney Family site I use my full legal name so it doesn't mess up my reservation links.

What a mess that was to fix. (My last name is a mess in general but that is a LONG and different story all together - when you get married be careful what you do when you change your name or you too could end up with a very confusing name situation)

I believe you are in a concierge cabin if you trying to change to deck 12. Concierge reservations cannot be modified online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter