DCL Confessions

On our first cruise, we "christened" the room as soon as we got in it! We are also members of the Verandah Club and the Exotic Rasul Club. In fact, I cracked my tail bone in the Exotic Rasul room and was in constant pain for the remainder of our vacation. :eek:

We bought mini bottles of spiced rum to dinner every night to add in our cokes. I don't know what I'm going to do this time since I've given up drinking soda. :sad2:

I came to dinner EVERY night tipsy from the giant chocolate martini's I had in the Sessions lounge. :rolleyes1

Every afternoon I walked around with a cup of Bailey's Irish cream in hand. I was on vacation! I drank a lot!!! ;)

We threw a message in a bottle overboard. No word yet on it's whereabouts. :confused3

On our second cruise, I hated the fact that we brought my parents along! :headache:

I accidentally let my father (in a wheelchair) roll into traffic when I was unloading him at the port. I then laughed about it!:lmao:

I almost dumped my father out of his wheelchair as we went over a "speed bump" in the hallway of the ship... and laughed at that, too!:rotfl2:

Ok, I'll admit I was trying to kill my father and make it look like an accident! :idea: (Just kidding.... maybe)

I yelled at my father and bullied him into getting in line for pictures with the characters. He later admitted to having fun with said characters!:scared1:

We plotted to throw an old woman and her dog overboard!:mad:

Although I enjoy meeting new people on the cruise, I don't want to be new best friends and hang out with you. I prefer to be alone with my spouse! ... See confession #1! :hug:

Wrong
He was first introduced as Dopey Dog.
Sorry, some things must be said. :)

Well, actually Dippy Dawg:

In the newspaper comic strips, this new character was first given the name Dippy Dawg. A 1938 book indicated the first change to Dippy's name, "The Story of Dippy the Goof," and by 1939 the final change was made to Goofy with the release of the cartoon "Goofy and Wilbur."
http://disney.go.com/guestservices/faq?id=mnf10

Wrong
He was first introduced as Dopey Dog.
Sorry, some things must be said. :)

From Wikipedia
Originally known as Dippy Dawg, the character is more commonly known simply as "Goofy," a name used in his short film series. In his 1950s persona, Goofy was called George Geef, or G. G. Geef, implying that "Goofy" was merely a nickname. In Goofy Gymnastics (1949) he fills out a coupon with the name James Boyd.[1] Sources from the Goof Troop continuity give the character's full name as Goofy Goof, or G. G. Goof, likely a reference to the 1950s name. In many other sources, both animated and comics, the surname Goof continues to be used. In other 2000s-era comics the character's full name has occasionally been given as Goofus D. Dawg.

We were at a character breakfast. Minnie came to the table and I put my arm around her. I accidentally grabbed her butt in the process. The look on my face when they took the pic was amusing :rotfl2: DS asked me why did I look so scared, was I afraid of Minnie.

tweis said:
OMG! You had me laughing out loud at the office! The very quiet office. :lmao: :rotfl:

Good one :rotfl2:

I'm glad someone else confessed to this.....now I will also. I didn't want to put them in our beach bag because I was afraid they would scan it so......I had DH put them in the pockets of his swim shorts. ;)

Ahhh....I feel better now knowing I'm not the only one that goes on DCL without their kids. DH and I took a 3 night last week but we didn't tell them we were going anywhere. They weren't home all week so we didn't tell them anything. Ignorance is bliss...... :rolleyes1

Add another to the list. We go to WDW for family vacations. DCL it's for DW and me to have done time together and remember why we had our boys in the first place....

(and how we did)

On our first cruise, we "christened" the room as soon as we got in it! We are also members of the Verandah Club and the Exotic Rasul Club. In fact, I cracked my tail bone in the Exotic Rasul room and was in constant pain for the remainder of our vacation. :eek:

We bought mini bottles of spiced rum to dinner every night to add in our cokes. I don't know what I'm going to do this time since I've given up drinking soda. :sad2:

I came to dinner EVERY night tipsy from the giant chocolate martini's I had in the Sessions lounge. :rolleyes1

Every afternoon I walked around with a cup of Bailey's Irish cream in hand. I was on vacation! I drank a lot!!! ;)

We threw a message in a bottle overboard. No word yet on it's whereabouts. :confused3

On our second cruise, I hated the fact that we brought my parents along! :headache:

I accidentally let my father (in a wheelchair) roll into traffic when I was unloading him at the port. I then laughed about it!:lmao:

I almost dumped my father out of his wheelchair as we went over a "speed bump" in the hallway of the ship... and laughed at that, too!:rotfl2:

Ok, I'll admit I was trying to kill my father and make it look like an accident! :idea: (Just kidding.... maybe)

I yelled at my father and bullied him into getting in line for pictures with the characters. He later admitted to having fun with said characters!:scared1:

Although I enjoy meeting new people on the cruise, I don't want to be new best friends and hang out with you. I prefer to be alone with my spouse! ... See confession #1! :hug:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

You HAVE to tell me more about the old woman and her dog. :rotfl2:

Maybe # 2,3 & 4 led to 6 & 7?:rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

You HAVE to tell me more about the old woman and her dog. :rotfl2:

There was an elderly Jewish couple (and the only reason I mentioned the fact that they were Jewish is because they fit the stereotype perfectly... and I should know, my last name is Goldman!) and they had this little dog that they pushed around in a stroller. They said it was a "service dog". This dog was dressed up in little frilly dresses and bows. EVERYWHERE we went, this couple and their little dog seemed to be holding court. We couldn't seem to escape them! They allowed strangers to come up and hold the dog, taking pics and what not. The woman seemed to relish in all the attention. One night while we were in line by Lumiere's, there was a huge back up because of this couple. I told them nicely that they were holding up the line and the man turned around and said in his best gravely, New York Jew accent "Honey, we're IN the line and the line isn't going anywhere!" To which I responded "I'm not your Honey and I wasn't referring to this line. I was referring to THAT line!" Half the hall was being bottle necked because of the people standing in a separate line to see the dog! By the end of the cruise, I was so tired of seeing this couple and their dog!

Maybe # 2,3 & 4 led to 6 & 7?:rotfl:

Most of my heavy drinking was on our 1st cruise, without my parents. Trust me, I wanted to drink more when my parents were on board. I was too busy keeping track of them to have time to hit the bars! By the end of the night, I could barely muster the energy to go to Cadillac Lounge for a shot or two! My father managed to 1. Get lost on a shuttle on C.C. and 2. Get lost on an elevator going down 1 flight!!! AND he lost his wheelchair in a matter of a few minutes while on this elevator! I still can't figure that one out!!!

I always thought he was a dog too. But now that I think of it, being a mule makes a little more sense since he's paired up with Clarabelle the cow. Not that mules usually fall in love with cows...lol.

This thread gets better every day!

I can get that until you think about if Goofy is a mule, how does he have a son named Max? And then what happened to Clarabelle when Max was born? Because she didn't raise Max. Plus as weird as I am thinking Max would be mule-cow. I guess being dog-cow would be weird too... Although my dog has to be part cow.

There was an elderly Jewish couple (and the only reason I mentioned the fact that they were Jewish is because they fit the stereotype perfectly... and I should know, my last name is Goldman!) and they had this little dog that they pushed around in a stroller. They said it was a "service dog". This dog was dressed up in little frilly dresses and bows. EVERYWHERE we went, this couple and their little dog seemed to be holding court. We couldn't seem to escape them! They allowed strangers to come up and hold the dog, taking pics and what not. The woman seemed to relish in all the attention. One night while we were in line by Lumiere's, there was a huge back up because of this couple. I told them nicely that they were holding up the line and the man turned around and said in his best gravely, New York Jew accent "Honey, we're IN the line and the line isn't going anywhere!" To which I responded "I'm not your Honey and I wasn't referring to this line. I was referring to THAT line!" Half the hall was being bottle necked because of the people standing in a separate line to see the dog! By the end of the cruise, I was so tired of seeing this couple and their dog!

Most of my heavy drinking was on our 1st cruise, without my parents. Trust me, I wanted to drink more when my parents were on board. I was too busy keeping track of them to have time to hit the bars! By the end of the night, I could barely muster the energy to go to Cadillac Lounge for a shot or two! My father managed to 1. Get lost on a shuttle on C.C. and 2. Get lost on an elevator going down 1 flight!!! AND he lost his wheelchair in a matter of a few minutes while on this elevator! I still can't figure that one out!!!

1.) I would've mentioned the issue with the dog to the guest services people. That's one of my biggest complaints is when people say they have services dogs and it's like a little yappy thing that isn't trained and you know it's not. I raise service dogs. My golden retriever is my best friend (wow how sad is that?) and is a disqualified service dog. He's a great dog, y'all would be lucky to have a dog as great as Tucker; because of how insane the training and requirements are Tucker failed. There was a story I heard about a man waiting in line for Tower of Terror at Disney's CA Adventure. He was talking to a woman and she was just in line with a big purse. The man and his kid were nervous about the ride. The woman opened her purse and had a little yappy teacup poodle in her purse and said "this is her favorite ride." The dog was apparently her service dog, but she didn't go through proper channels, because that dog isn't legally allowed on that ride. This stuff makes me so mad... :mad:

2.)Apparently your father and my uncle are friends.

My bad confession (but it's not) :
Last cruise I went with my mom and somehow my uncle "got invited" (never guilt me after I take my sleeping pill.). I packed bright/neon yellow shirts to wear for the ports in case my uncle wandered off (he's a grown man, a successful grown man. He just will stop and look at something shiny, and we'll keep walking.). By the end of the cruise I was so annoyed with him on the last port I wore black (I am a 6 foot tall white woman. I am kinda' hard to miss... even wearing all black.).

:rotfl2:

Oh my gosh, I am dying laughing at these!

Funniest thread I've found on here I have to say! And I'm not sure where to begin, but here's my contributions to this thread : ) . I've sailed 5 times in my short 17 years and have a handful of interesting confessions. First, on our last cruise my parents had one of those rasul things booked and they said it was a spa treatment and left it at that, but thanks to this thread I know that it could have been otherwise (scarring for life ensued from reading this LOL). A lot of people are saying they threw grapes off their verandahs but personally I thought ice cubes were more fun..... I use my castaway club lanyard from my first cruise as my lanyard for my car keys. On our last cruise my parents didn't want to go to the shows so I went with friends of mine from Vibe whose parents didn't want to either haha. Also on our last cruise, on the final night a group of us from Vibe went to the top front deck of the ship (13 maybe?) and sat by satellite falls since there was NO adults up there (at three in the morning...) and just hung out and talked since it was our last night together, and three officers came up for a smoking break and asked to see our KTTW cards in a serious manner and then laughed and told us to get a few hours of sleep before we had to leave the ship. My mom insisted that I dressed up at least slightly for all the nights and couldn't wear shorts for cruise casual, and as much as I protested it I (secretly) thought it was fun to have seven dressy meals straight with my family. And finally, we too get a verandah room to have our own sail away ice cream parties in order to avoid all the crowds up on deck.

Funniest thread I've found on here I have to say! And I'm not sure where to begin, but here's my contributions to this thread : ) . I've sailed 5 times in my short 17 years and have a handful of interesting confessions. First, on our last cruise my parents had one of those rasul things booked and they said it was a spa treatment and left it at that, but thanks to this thread I know that it could have been otherwise (scarring for life ensued from reading this LOL). A lot of people are saying they threw grapes off their verandahs but personally I thought ice cubes were more fun..... I use my castaway club lanyard from my first cruise as my lanyard for my car keys. On our last cruise my parents didn't want to go to the shows so I went with friends of mine from Vibe whose parents didn't want to either haha. Also on our last cruise, on the final night a group of us from Vibe went to the top front deck of the ship (13 maybe?) and sat by satellite falls since there was NO adults up there (at three in the morning...) and just hung out and talked since it was our last night together, and three officers came up for a smoking break and asked to see our KTTW cards in a serious manner and then laughed and told us to get a few hours of sleep before we had to leave the ship. My mom insisted that I dressed up at least slightly for all the nights and couldn't wear shorts for cruise casual, and as much as I protested it I (secretly) thought it was fun to have seven dressy meals straight with my family. And finally, we too get a verandah room to have our own sail away ice cream parties in order to avoid all the crowds up on deck.

Spurr...I love it! Bolding and all is mine. So sweet. I know my DD14 felt the exact same way. :) Shopping for dresses, then protesting in the cabin, feeling really good she did. ;)

I will never confess. All h e double hockey sticks would break out. I'm taking it to my grave.

Okay, twist my arm. I don't smoke but it didn't stop me from asking the bartenders for those adorable cute little match boxes with the DCL logo on it. They are so cute!

And I love taking those adorable cute glass paper topper thingys. (The ones that cover the glasses in the bathroom.) I put them over my wine glasses up in the cupboard. I obviously have a hard time throwing away anything that has a DCL logo on it. Shameful.

I asked every server, bartender, whoever, "can I keep this pen?" I LOVE my DCL pens! :flower3: (Pen hoarder right here!)

I brought an iron and it caught on fire and I just threw it overboard.

Just kidding. :lmao: Just seeing if anyone was reading this. No one at home ever listens to me...so, I just thought I'd check here. :rotfl: :p :joker:

I LOL'd at this and DH asked what was so funny, so I read it to him. But of course he didn't listen. :rotfl2:

I peed in the pool. Not the Mickey pool. The adult pool.

Haha just kidding!

Now for my real confessions:

1. I'm an H2O hoarder.

2. We sleep with the verandah door open.

3. We carry our own drinks everywhere.

4. We regularly look for those seat hoarders in the theaters and sit in the middle of "their" rows.

5. When the concierge wouldn't give me seasick meds for my 12yo DD I told him they were for my 23yo DD.

6. One morning when we had an early excursion and realized we had run out of sun block and the shops were closed, we went to Lost & Found, told them we had forgotten ours by the pool the day before, and were given a brand new unopened can. Score! :cool1:

6. One morning when we had an early excursion and realized we had run out of sun block and the shops were closed, we went to Lost & Found, told them we had forgotten ours by the pool the day before, and were given a brand new unopened can. Score! :cool1:

JEENYUS! I'm not endorsing this behavior in any way but, by cracky, that's creative!

I was waiting in line behind a woman who complained the whole time "This is a bathroom not a changing room. Why do people get changed in here? This takes away my precious time waiting here" This was after we'd been on the ship all of 2 hours. I ignored her, but she was so loud and whiny about it. I was waiting to change :rotfl2:

This was exactly it because there are only three stalls in the ones up by the pools - but the lines move so quickly! Really they do! :confused3 and I don't take a ton of time doing the changing, but yeah, I have heard that too along with the weird glances. Um, hello, there are no changing rooms at the pools, lady!!! But if you prefer I could drop my shorts right here in front of you! :joker:

I would have dropped a silent but deadly fart in the line just for her...

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter