DCL Confessions

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by molly mouse, Jun 2, 2013.

1. MrsMork

MrsMork Proud Old Geezer

Whatever they replaced it with would likely have crowds. :confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JnDRader

JnDRader Mouseketeer

Exotic Rasul. Guilty. :banana:

4. PrincessTrisha

PrincessTrisha DIS Veteran

I just don't like Pirates - the movies are okay but I don't see why Pirates have become such "heros". I don't think they are good role models and I don't get what the fuss is about. Although I don't like crowds, I brave crowds for things I do like, pirates isn't one of them.

5. Momma2Jax

Momma2Jax DIS Veteran

Hahaha! Love both of these!

6. bigvig1130

bigvig1130 Mouseketeer

Got off in Nassau to get a bottle to bring on the boat. Not normally a drinker, but every once in a while......
    DD had previously stayed out late at kids club the night before, so I figured to expect the same this night.
    Got what could be considered a whole pizzas worth of slices to prepare for expected munchies to bring down to room.
    3/4 of a bottle of Amarula later, DD comes back to room "I'm bored".
    Ended up playing ping pong with a healthy buzz at around midnight. Must have launched 5 or 6 balls off the boat that night.

7. disneynme

disneynme Mouseketeer

We were on the Fantasy 2 weeks ago and we were heading out on our excursion. It was supposed to rain, so the CMs were handing out ponchos--the nice Disney Parks ponchos. It never did rain and we came back to the ship with our brand new ponchos in our bags. After we went through security to get back on the ship, there were boxes of ponchos by the stairs for guests getting off the ship to take with them. I may or may not have grabbed another set of ponchos as I passed by.:rolleyes1

8. Moxin

Moxin Mouseketeer

I have taken your name down and have reported you. Expect the bill in a few days.

Or, send me the poncho's and everything will be taken care of. :cool2:

9. dbarker

dbarker DIS Veteran

DH and I are members of this exclusive club also. But, late "at sea" nights for us. :wave2:

10. Teri1

Teri1 DIS Veteran

Ok here is mine. We had the couples choice package at the spa booked during sail away and we chose to go with robes only. After our CM opened the window so we could have an open view and put the aromatherapy stuff in the hot tub, she left us alone to get in. My DH gets in first, then my turn as the ship begins to move, I drop my robe step up and in the tub with DH grinning. I ask him why he is smiling and turn to see what he is pointing at and see all these men waving their white hand towels or handkerchiefs as we sail by(back when they were working on the new building at Port Canaveral). He said you just mooned those guys. I sunk way down in the tub. DH loves telling this story.

11. mommyofthreeboys

mommyofthreeboys DIS Veteran

In January 2011 we cruised with another couple. We got boarding pass #2. I kept mine for my scrapbook and walked on with them.

12. MrsB919

MrsB919 Mouseketeer

:rotfl2::rotfl:

13. mtgdisney

mtgdisney Mouseketeer

When we booked there were only rooms that slept 3 and we have 4 in our family. Our friends and us linked our rooms together and they put my daughter's name on their room.

We took the laundry bag because it's so darn cute and our friends got charged for it. They got it taken off their bill because the "didn't" take it. I never use it, I just look at it.

14. TwinPrincessMermaids

TwinPrincessMermaids DIS Veteran

Tsk tsk! :sad2:pirate:

15. omalley1118

omalley1118 DIS Veteran

I'm not a great fan of pirate night either...thought I was the only one!

16. bats

bats Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Pirate night menu for veggies .. Awful and not changed since 2008!!!!

We don't go to pirates now, just mooch about for a while .. But for a first timer, it's a must!!

17. JKSWonder

JKSWonder Twelve plus trips and counting

:rotfl2::rotfl:

On our first cruise, I packed lots of different seasickness meds because I didn't know how my family would do. Although some were a bit queasy that first night, after that everyone was fine and no need for them.

Fast forward to the last night. It's the middle of the night, we are speeding back to Port Canaveral, the ship is rocking mightily and my husband is sick as a dog. He stumbles out of the bathroom and begs for the seasickness meds I was so good about packing. It is at this point I confess: I had packed ALL of them in the luggage that had been taken away earlier that night.

18. mazz1

mazz1 Mouseketeer

well lets hope your mrs is reading this thread ;)

aww honey you shouldn't have tried so hard i'm sure the dress looked lovely and all :confused3 but us women appreciate the little things dont ya know like putting the loo seat down now n then and putting away the dishes if my husband was looking for the way to my heart he would only have to leave that bathroom a little cleaner and maybe buy me a box of chocs and i'd be putty too, better luck next time ? ::yes::

19. TwinPrincessMermaids

TwinPrincessMermaids DIS Veteran

:crazy2: Ironic...

20. JKSWonder

JKSWonder Twelve plus trips and counting

I know! I felt awful.

On every cruise since I keep all the meds (Bonine, Advil, Benadryl, etc.) all in one small bag that NEVER gets packed with all the other stuff.

21. g3pak

g3pak DIS Veteran

Our first cruise ever- DCL or any other line- is this fall. I hope to join the veranda club, although as private and modest as my wife is, the best I can hope for is a sea day, at night, at probably 3 a.m. when everyone else should be in their rooms asleep. I will probably also have to construct some kind of temporary enclosure with multiple layers that will prevent anyone seeing us from a neighboring veranda with binoculars, night vision, or infra-red. It will also have to prevent pictures taken by spy satellites.

Come to think of it, forget it. Joining the club isn't worth all of that trouble.