DCL coming back to NYC in 2014?

PoopDeckPappy

Mouseketeer
Hi. This may be old news but when I was on the Magic for the 6/2 sailing I asked a cm if they knew if DCL would be coming back to NY in the future. She said that she thought they would be coming back in 2014 and talked about the planned dry dock. I know that it may be speculation on her part but she seemed pretty confident (as if she wasn't merely guessing). Does anyone know anything about DCL/NYC in the future?

We had a great time and we love to cruise out of NY since we're a 20 minute car ride from the pier. We've flown to FL twice before to sail the Magic but there is noting like leaving from your home port.

I sure hope so! We loved our 5 night NY Canada cruise on the Magic and want DCL back in NYC in 2014. We spoke to a cast member who spoke about the Magic dry dock in 2013, but was not sure where the Magic will be in 2014 and was not sure if DCL will be back in NYC in 2014.

Keeping my fingers crossed for their return to the Big Apple!

I vote YES for DCL out of NYC. I'll be on it for sure. Loved my 5-night Canadian and 2-night Nowhere cruises and will do the whole thing over again in2014 if available.:banana::banana::banana:

I sure hope so also I really really enjoyed sailing out of NYC, even though I live in DC it isn't a bad drive to NYC for the cruise. I also hope that they add in cruises to Bermuda as well while in NYC.

even though I live in DC it isn't a bad drive to NYC for the cruise. I also hope that they add in cruises to Bermuda as well while in NYC.

I agree. By the time you get to the airport, wait for bags, hail a cab or find your car service driver you not much longer in a car. If your plane is delayed then you might get to port quicker. Plus you can go at your own pace. Stop for a nice breakfast or lunch, etc. I'd love for them to go to Bermuda. My only concern would be the price increase. It was very expensive out of NY and I know that Bermuda add more than the average port fees (though I doubt it would stop me).

If they return to NYC I would defintely do a weekend cruise again. I loved the weekend getaway, yes it was quick, yes it was expansive but I loved every minute (except for a horrible incident in the MDR which was handled wonderfully by GS) and was the most relaxing vacation in a very long time. It was the best getaway for DH and I.

Come back DCL for weekend getaways:thumbsup2

I sure hope so also I really really enjoyed sailing out of NYC, even though I live in DC it isn't a bad drive to NYC for the cruise. I also hope that they add in cruises to Bermuda as well while in NYC.

Oh yeah. I'm there with you. :thumbsup2

Me too! I would love for them to add Bermuda. RCCL does it and still able to stop at Nassau & St. Thomas so there's no reason why the Magic can't go to Bermuda, Nassau then CC.

We had the 8nt cruise from NYC booked until we sailed on the Dream a couple times and dh/kids were just not into another Bahamian cruise so we switched to Alaska. Maybe in 2 yrs they'll be into it.

check out the prices for july and august on the fantasy than check out the prices for the magic. the magic prices are higher for a 14 year old ship than the new fantasy. that should give you an idea that shes coming back.

check out the prices for july and august on the fantasy than check out the prices for the magic. the magic prices are higher for a 14 year old ship than the new fantasy. that should give you an idea that shes coming back.

DCL is paying more for the ports that they are visiting.

I hope so! We weren't able to go one this time around - and 2014 would be the perfect year since thats when DS graduates!

That would be great!:thumbsup2 We are sailing on an 8nt out of NYC this August and were thinking we could cruise again in 2014. I love the idea of not getting on a plane.

That's exactly why I booked the Fantasy while on board a Magic NYC-Bahamas cruise - for 60% of the price of the Magic (same category). And the Magic ports were just underwhelming. It would take a serious price decrease for me to cruise on DCL from NYC again. As nice as it was being 20 minutes from home, I'd rather fly and do a few days at WDW along with the cruise.

We're booked on the August 5 out of NYC to Canada. Cannot wait!

Where will the Magic be in 2013 then?

Magic is in Europe next summer then drops off the schedule. She's supposed to go in for a long & much needed dry dock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter