DCL Classical Rome excursion question

go2wdwnow

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I was actually hoping to book a "Mild" leisurely DCL Rome excursion, but unfortunately the only one listed is already full (or no longer available to book).

I have seen many posts from folks that enjoyed the DCL Classical Rome excursion.
I'm considering booking this excursion, but was concerned about the description - "...tour includes approx 3 miles of walking at a steady pace..."

Is the 3 miles a total, spread throughout the day and not all in one span?
What is the longest distance for walking during the tour without breaks.

Is the description - "walking at a steady pace" - a fast pace or more of a leisurely keep moving, no stopping pace?

I don't think I can handle walking at a fast pace for 3 miles, I'll probably get left behind :rotfl:

Hello,

I was actually hoping to book a "Mild" leisurely DCL Rome excursion, but unfortunately the only one listed is already full (or no longer available to book).

I have seen many posts from folks that enjoyed the DCL Classical Rome excursion.
I'm considering booking this excursion, but was concerned about the description - "...tour includes approx 3 miles of walking at a steady pace..."

Is the 3 miles a total, spread throughout the day and not all in one span?
What is the longest distance for walking during the tour without breaks.

Is the description - "walking at a steady pace" - a fast pace or more of a leisurely keep moving, no stopping pace?

I don't think I can handle walking at a fast pace for 3 miles, I'll probably get left behind :rotfl:

We took this excursion during the May 26 Med cruise and really enjoyed it. We had 2 children with us (11 and 9 years old). The pace is not bad at all- the quickest walking is when you are going through the Vatican Museums, but even then you stop and look at things! You also stop for lunch before driving to the Colosseum. I would not consider this excursion strenuous at all. Just my thoughts.
Have fun! It is a wonderful cruise!

We took this excursion during the May 26 Med cruise and really enjoyed it. We had 2 children with us (11 and 9 years old). The pace is not bad at all- the quickest walking is when you are going through the Vatican Museums, but even then you stop and look at things! You also stop for lunch before driving to the Colosseum. I would not consider this excursion strenuous at all. Just my thoughts.
Have fun! It is a wonderful cruise!

Thanks! That helps calm my concerns. I'll probably book the excursion. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter