• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL Cancellation Policy

MarkLem

<font color=brown>One mud here too...<br><font col
Hi all,
Looking into booking our seconde cruise, this one for next year's New Years Eve Western.

We are bringning my 72 year old mother, Right now she is in excellent health, but what happens if something happens between now and then/ For that matter I guess any of us could have some catastrophy.

What is their cancellation policy? Also can you substitute one person for another on a cruise if something comes up?

The cancellation policy is 75 or more days before (90 or more days if in a suite) you can get a full refund. Between 75 - 46 days you'll forfeit your deposit, 45 days - 8 days prior 50% of your cruise fare and 7 days or less no refunds. If you purchase cancellation insurance, this would cover any expenses in cancelling out due to ill health. Also, yes you can change out a person, but the person added is added at the current cruise rate, not at the one previously booked. So, it could cost you significantly more to change out the person than you thought.

MarkLem said:
Hi all,
Looking into booking our seconde cruise, this one for next year's New Years Eve Western.

We are bringning my 72 year old mother, Right now she is in excellent health, but what happens if something happens between now and then/ For that matter I guess any of us could have some catastrophy.

What is their cancellation policy? Also can you substitute one person for another on a cruise if something comes up?

Thank goodnes we had insurance (through DCL). My MIL got sick the day before our 30-day cut-off and notified my TA at DreamsUnl. She didn't cruise with us and my sister took her place. My sister's cruise fare stayed the same as the original cruise rate. She didn't even pay for any name change fees or penalties.

We booked air separately (Southwest), and I was able to transfer my sister's name on the ticket, except she had to pay the current rate (+$160). For her trip insurance, DCL didn't offer it since the name change was too close to the trip. I had to shop around for her insurance myself and found one that suited her needs.

Lilo5 said:
Thank goodnes we had insurance (through DCL). My MIL got sick the day before our 30-day cut-off and notified my TA at DreamsUnl. She didn't cruise with us and my sister took her place. My sister's cruise fare stayed the same as the original cruise rate. She didn't even pay for any name change fees or penalties.

We booked air separately (Southwest), and I was able to transfer my sister's name on the ticket, except she had to pay the current rate (+$160). For her trip insurance, DCL didn't offer it since the name change was too close to the trip. I had to shop around for her insurance myself and found one that suited her needs.
Did your sister's cruisefare remain the same because your MIL's travel linsurance covered the difference? Or because it was before the DCL pollicy change?

ivanova said:
Did your sister's cruisefare remain the same because your MIL's travel linsurance covered the difference? Or because it was before the DCL pollicy change?

Wow! I just checked the DCL policy. It's a totally different policy now from when I booked our Nov '04 Wonder cruise back in Mar '04. I didn't know that the policy could change that fast. So, to answer your question, my sister's cruise fare remained the same because it was before the DCL policy change.

Sorry to give an out-dated information. :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter