DCL Buses

sjreed

Mouseketeer
We are set to take our very first Disney Cruise this week. We are doing the land/sea package. We will be staying at the BC first. We did the Disney Transfers. My question is this.....when we get on the DCL Bus at the airport to go to the resort does this bus stop at a lot of other Disney resorts too or is there a bus just for say the Epcot Resorts?:confused:

This is an great question, my family will be traveling in December and have the same question. When I went on a DCL trip in 98 with my office I recall that we did go straight to our resort. But that was 6.5 years ago.

My only experience with the DCL busses was in 2000. At that time, we went from the BC to the Dolphin and then the CB. I think they like to fill the bus, so it just depends on how many fellow cruisers are staying at BC that weekend.

The long and short answer is "it depends." The seem to try to arrange the busses by resort areas--like Epcot area resorts on one bus, Downtown Disney area on another, etc. Of course, this is dependent upon the DCL reps organizing things well and the numbers of people arriving in any given time frame. They like the bus to be reasonably full, but at the same time, they try not to keep you waiting too long for a bus or to have the bus hit too many resorts.

It would be unlikely that your bus would go only to one resort (unless you were very lucky.) However, it should only go to a few, and they should be close together.

All that said, our last DCL bus went to 7 resorts. The driver complained to the DCL rep as we were boarding--she told us to get on that bus, and the driver told her that he now had 7. SHe told him that it was her mistake, and to "just do it this time." Fortunately, we weren't at the last resort!

I was worried about this too and since I am crazy about being early we just went ahead and got a towncar. There are so many companies out there that are really reasonable for the 3 leg trip. That way we can choose to leave at 8:30 to go to PC (we are up early anyway so why wait?!) You might look into that. I think transfers were already included in mine so I prepaid for them but will be recieving a refund when I come back (which will be nice because I am sure that we will be all out of money when we come back!) :) Just a thought.

when we went we got a van with one other family of 3 going to the swan. (we could have been on a bus doing the DD area, but it left befor I got back with the coupons after checking in with mears.)
so we were at the poly very fast just one quick drop off on the way in to the poly.
remember it all depends what time you get in we were ther first thing in the AM as we stayed near the airport a day early.
Mears is the DCL bus(well they are run by mears) so if you are there early befor the DCL busses leave you can probably catch a mears van or mini bus. and you will still get to ride the NICE DCL busses to and from the wonder

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter