• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dcl buses

luisdivan

Earning My Ears
which time do DCL buses depart from the resorts on their way to the Port? From the Contemporary, do they pick guests staying at other resorts ? Thanks

It depends on the number of cruise passengers being picked up from each resort.
One day you may have enough coming from CR to fill a bus, one day you may have to make stops at one or two other resorts to fill the bus. You will not find out your pick-up time until the day before when you get a note in your room about when and where to be for the pick-up.

We were picked up from Wilderness Lodge at the beginning of this month. We were the third and final pickup. They had stopped at the Poly and one other resort first. We left WL about 11:30.

Resort pick-up is generally sometime between 10:30am and 12:30pm. Your bus may or may not stop at other resorts before or after your pick-up. Expect to arrive at the port around 1:00-2:00pm.

Enjoy your cruise!

In case you haven't been on one of the buses, they are a lot of fun. They have a bathroom and tv screens with cartoons, trivia games, etc. (not in the bathrooms, sadly). The time goes pretty fast and ends with squeals when the ship is sighted. Everyone is up beat and happy. Have your camera ready for the arrival.

Do they allow food on the bus? Just wondering if we can pack a lunch or if we need to eat before we get on.

Do they allow food on the bus? Just wondering if we can pack a lunch or if we need to eat before we get on.
Don't know for sure, but I think you can take food along.

One thing, however, it's a bus, there's no tables, or good place to clean up if you spill stuff. Why eat a boxed lunch when you're about to board the ship with tons of food onboard (included in the fare)?

We typically get up, finish packing up our checked bags (for pick up by 8:00), go get a good breakfast and then just "hang around" until time to get on the bus.

Don't know for sure, but I think you can take food along.

One thing, however, it's a bus, there's no tables, or good place to clean up if you spill stuff. Why eat a boxed lunch when you're about to board the ship with tons of food onboard (included in the fare)?

We typically get up, finish packing up our checked bags (for pick up by 8:00), go get a good breakfast and then just "hang around" until time to get on the bus.
My dad is diabetic so he has to be careful with how long he goes without eating/has to eat around certain times. It would probably be as simple as a pb&j but I was just trying to get an idea in advance. :)

My dad is diabetic so he has to be careful with how long he goes without eating/has to eat around certain times. It would probably be as simple as a pb&j but I was just trying to get an idea in advance. :)
We’ve always taken food on the bus when we’ve cruised. Generally it’s just been snacks we’ve picked up at the parks or resorts.

Just be advised that you'll need to eat everything before boarding as nothing that is not factory sealed can be taken onboard. It's only about an hour or so to Port Canaveral and the restaurants are open until 2 or 3 pm (depending on which one) so if you time it right, you can eat breakfast late, get to PC and then head for lunch. If you take something sealed like crackers and don't need them at least they can then be taken on board with you.

We have taken snacks, but as stated above, you can't bring fruit and such on board. Hope this helps with your planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter