DCL bus transfers or car service?

aam23110

Earning My Ears
Hi ,everyone.
I have been planning to use a car service to get to PC for our September cruise. Now my DW thinks maybe we should use the Disney transportation for the three of us( DD,DW, & myself). She thinks it would provide ambience to the trip and get us excited about the cruise , and also thinks there's less room for error. Does anyone have any opinions either way? Since it's only a 3 night cruise my plan was to get onboard asap! I was told with the Disney transfer we would be at the mercy of the crowds- waiting until the bus was full, getting to PC with a group of hundreds of people. Our flight lands 8:30 am the day of the cruise so we could get there pretty early. Any thoughts? :confused3

we go with disney magical express cause it is more cost saver for us it is also nice to watch the disney pre video toget you in the disney mood

If you land at 8:30 you could be at the port around 9:30-10:00 leaving you a couple of hours to just sit there. Not really magical to me.

After you've checked in, wandered around the hall for 5 minutes, looked at the ship model, had your picture taken with the characters, you've still get a couple of hours to wait to board.

we go with disney magical express cause it is more cost saver for us it is also nice to watch the disney pre video toget you in the disney mood

Just wanted to say this is not Disney's Magical Express. That is a free service provided to WDW not Port Canaveral. Yes Disney transfers are more than a car service but provide you with a little security like if something happens to the bus the ship will wait. If something happens to your car the ship will not wait.

More importantly - DCL baggage transfer. Using DCL you wouldn't have to dealing with your bags until they show up outside your stateroom. It may cost a little more but some things are worth paying for.

When does the first Disney shuttle usually leave the airport? If it's anytime before 11 am it might be a good call. Although I wanted to make a stop to pick up some bottled water and a few things on the way.

Since you are looking for transportation from MCO to Port Canaveral, I'd go with the DCL bus transfer service.

First, it will be less costly than a towncar/limo service (for 3 people). Secondly, DCL will claim your luggage and you will see it outside your cabin (no need to lug it thru the airport). Thirdly, you will be able to check in for your cruise and get your KTTW card and boarding pass at MCO (at the Welcome Center). This means that you will have essentially NOTHING to do at the terminal.

The first bus from MCO to the terminal departs about 9:30. Each bus thereafter leaves as it fills up--generally about every 20 minutes. Yes, it is possible that you would wait 15-20 minutes at MCO, but frankly, it's a better wait there than at the terminal--there are comfy chairs, no crowds, etc.

In addition, if you use DCL transportation AND are on a participating airline with a flight that meets the time guidelines, you can place your luggage outside your cabin at the end of the cruise and not see it again till it arrives at your HOME airport. That service is truly magical!

The only downside is that you can't make a grocery or Wal-mart stop.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter