DCL bus to WDW after cruise

westjones

DIS Veteran
Are you assigned a certain time you have to be on the bus after the cruise? We have early dining, but want to sleep in a little more and go to the deck 9 buffet for breakfast. Do we have that option, or are we going to have to be at the bus by a certain time?

You can sleep in a little and eat on deck 9. My only suggestion is to be off the ship before 9 so that you don't get put on the last bus.

The "normal" buses go to 3 resorts each, all in the same area (like EPCOT area resorts). They depart as soon as they are reasonably full. You are not assigned in advance to a bus or a time; there is a CM as you enter the bus area who asks where you are going and sends you to the correct bus.

The last bus.....will go to as many resorts as it needs to. We were on one bus, and our dinner partners were on another. We sat for like 20 minutes, and then they were getting onto our bus with shuffling of luggage, etc....and a while later we were all on the way to WDW. We overheard the driver complaining to the CM that he had 6 resorts to hit now. We were lucky--we were the first stop! There just weren't enough people to justify 2 buses, so they combined it. We were off the ship right at 9 that time. The last bus will not leave till they are sure they have everyone. We didn't leave till about 9:40 after sitting for 20 minutes and then doing the combining thing.

I think it all depends on how many people and timing. When we got off the ship they directed us to a small econovan that held about 8 people. We left almost immediately after getting off the ship. Most of the buses were headed to the airport.

Well we aren't in a big hurry to get to WDW because we aren't going to the parks the first day, so that doesn't bother me. I just know that last year my teenagers were up until 3:00 am on the last night, and we went to early breakfast, so it was crazy. Even an extra hour sleep would help.
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter