DCL Bus From Airport

goduke6868

Earning My Ears
We will be flying in on Friday night before our cruise. We wanted to know if anyone knew what time the first DCL Bus departed the airport. Also if the lines were typically long to get on the first bus. Thanks!

I don't know if will be the same, but when we did this in 2008, it picked us up around 9:15. We were the first people in the terminal.

We will be flying in on Friday night before our cruise. We wanted to know if anyone knew what time the first DCL Bus departed the airport. Also if the lines were typically long to get on the first bus. Thanks!

Typically, the first bus leave at 9:30. Subsequent busses depart every 20 minutes or when full, whichever is first.

I would think the line might be kinda long for the first bus, but I don't know, I haven't done it yet ;)

:cutie:

We did this in June; staying at the MCO Hyatt and then taking the DCL bus. If I recall, we boarded the first bus at 9:30 and left around 9:45 AM. I think that everyone who was waiting got on the first bus. I don't remember it being overly crowded while we were waiting to board the bus.
HTH.

We were on the first bus in June. It left the airport at about 9:20.

When we checked in at the DCL counter, they gave us a boarding pass for the "Goofy bus." After Goofy bus was full, they started passing out boarding passes with a different character. When the bus arrived, they called for people with Goofy bus boarding passes and those people lined up to get on the bus.

I really liked how they did it. The first people got on the first bus, but we didn't have to stand in line for very long at all.

People start to show up about 8:15 for the 8:30 opening of check in (there are chairs; they don't line up...or at least didn't on our cruise). Once the CMs come out, there are multiple stations open and it moves very quickly. You are assigned to a bus based on your check in order. If you are there when they open at 8:30, you will be on the first bus. The first bus departs about 9:30. As above, each following bus will depart no more than 30 minutes later or as soon as it fills--whichever is sooner. Bottom line, if they have 2 full buses at 9:30, both will depart, one right after the other.

We did it in May and as PP said, we were literally the first people in the terminal. They opened it to people with 11:00 arrival times a few minutes later--when we entered, the check in counters weren't open yet (we checked in at MCO). As soon as the CMs came to the counters, they opened to the new peeps. Sorry--should add that we arrived about 10:15 and were allowed in; they opened to others about 10:30.

We are also staying at MCO on Friday October 5 and taking DCL Transportation to Port Canaveral. I have never cruised before, but this seems like a very sensible choice.:thumbsup2

We too are talking the DCL bus and it will be our first time taking it. We usually park our rental at port but the cost just isn't worth it. I know that when you check in at port you can ask about upgrades that are available. Does anyone know how upgrades work if you check in at the airport?

Hi all, we are taking our first cruise and staying at MCO/Hyatt as well. I think it is genius that cruisers get to check in at the airport!!

I've read that only Americans can do this but Canadians can't and must check in right at the port. :(. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Thx
Snick

Snick said:
Hi all, we are taking our first cruise and staying at MCO/Hyatt as well. I think it is genius that cruisers get to check in at the airport!!

I've read that only Americans can do this but Canadians can't and must check in right at the port. :(. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Thx
Snick

Canadians have to complete the check-in at port. We can't get our KTTW card at MCO.

JACH1976 said:
Canadians have to complete the check-in at port. We can't get our KTTW card at MCO.

:confused What is the point of staying at Hyatt MCO if (as a Canadian) you can't check in?

:confused What is the point of staying at Hyatt MCO if (as a Canadian) you can't check in?

You can still get on the bus early and get to the port early. So maybe there will not be such long lines to check in at the port.

I'll assume when we check in at MCO both of us will need to be present. Yes? Gotta plan time to get coffee before heading over to wait for the check-in desk to open. :)

Also, where exactly is the check-in desk. Is it near the WDW Magical Express area? TIA

I'll assume when we check in at MCO both of us will need to be present. Yes? Gotta plan time to get coffee before heading over to wait for the check-in desk to open. :)

Also, where exactly is the check-in desk. Is it near the WDW Magical Express area? TIA

Great question, I would like to know too.

When you check in at MCO everyone needs to be present because they will take your pictures and give you the KTTW cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter