DCL Bon Voyage Memory Boxes

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Buckeye Gal, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Buckeye Gal

Buckeye Gal Beach Girl Deep in the Land

I've read some of you mentioning that the memory boxes you can have ordered to your stateroom directly from DCL are perfect to put your Navigators and other small keepsakes in to protect them until you return home. There are other components to the gift as well, I know.

If you have a picture you can share of either the Island Native or Bon Voyage Memory Box gifts you purchased, I would love to see them. The pictures on DCL's site are just pathetic and you can't make them out....even if you save and enlarge them!

Thank you!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Buckeye Gal

4. ebony

ebony Mouseketeer

I would love to see some pictures of these too please. :)

5. JustLorri

JustLorri Mouseketeer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's about 10 1/2 inches wide, 13 1/4 inch long and 2 inches deep. The inside is slightly smaller at 9 1/4 inches wide and 12 1/4 inches deep. As you can see, the Navigators fit in nicely. It's a pain to bring home, though. Our luggage was overweight and that box was the first thing to go into my carry on.

6. Twinprincesses

Twinprincesses DIS Veteran

SO cute, if you do not mind me asking how much does this cost?????

7. JustLorri

JustLorri Mouseketeer

We got one free from DCL, as did my in-laws who had the room next to us. I think the tag said something about being a standard group gift?

8. Buckeye Gal

9. JustLorri

JustLorri Mouseketeer

We threw anything flat into ours!

The Bon Voyage box is a little more expensive and doesn't come with cards. It looks like the Captain Mickey frame and the photo album are extra. We got those, too.

10. RLccweems

RLccweems DIS Veteran

Very nice....I want one.

11. karentan

karentan <font color=green>my main job for tomorrow is to g

does anyone have any photos of the anniversary/wedding one?

12. Disney Sweetie

Disney Sweetie DIS Veteran

I would like to see the one that says Congratulations and the Island Native if anyone has a picture of it.

Thanks!

13. Buckeye Gal

:dumbo:
    Bumping again!

14. LeslieG

LeslieG DIS Veteran

We received one of those in '06 in our stateroom. I assumed it was part of the Castaway Club gift then.

15. northwenald

northwenald DIS Veteran

I really like that!!!! I may have to order one. Has anyone ever ordered the excursion duffel bag? :cool1: :cool1:

16. Mickey'sfriend

Mickey'sfriend DIS Veteran

My sister and I ordered the execursion bag for my step-father last January. (It was his 70th b-day right before we boarded.) It was really big and roomy and a great quality, too. He thought it was great and uses it a lot for traveling now.

17. northwenald

northwenald DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info. I was wondering if it was a good size so I could use it for traveling as well. I can also store my memory box in it for our flight home.:cool1: :cool1:

18. KensJen

KensJen Mouseketeer

Has anyone seen the memory boxes in one of the shops onboard? I never have, but just thought I'd ask. I wouldn't mind seeing it IRL before deciding to buy.

19. dipdotdarlin'

dipdotdarlin' Mouseketeer

The memory boxes are not sold in the gift shops. They are nice, but very expensive. You can only get them as an stateroom gift ordered before the cruise. I have seen them for sale on ebay and gotten some there. But that is hit and miss. I really like the ones I have to store all of our cruise memories in. We have also gotten the excursion bag. It is very nice and roomy. My husband uses it a lot. He is a tennis coach and uses it to take his tennis clothes and equipment in.:)

20. nikkistevej

nikkistevej DIS Veteran

We also got an excursion bag on our first cruise, we have used it every time after. Great bag!!