Dcl and the teens

reses4

Mouseketeer
Me and the 4 boys have been on the dcl 2 years in the row. I booked for next year and they have decided that they do not want to do dcl anymore. I was looking into RCCL the navigator the kids ages are 8,10,16,20.

Please give me advice.
They said the shows are getting boring because they have seen them already.

If the prices would DROOOOOOOOOOP, then I would give the command. I probably should have skipped a year instead of back to back. The expensive pitchures I paid for did not show as many smiles as it did the first time.

My 14 year old son actually told me that WDW had lost some of the magic for him. :eek: We had taken our first cruise, a 3 nighter, in May and then squeezed in a few days at Disney afterwards. He didn't know if it was the fact that he loved the cruise so much, or that we didn't have enough time in Disney, or that it hadn't been long enough since our last visit. In hindsight, I probably should have opted for 2 days at Universal instead. My kids are thrill ride junkies and with the smaller park, we could have done more. Oh well, live and learn.

Maybe you could tempt your group with a theme park visit after the ship or try a different cruise line this time around. It's hard to change after we find something we like, especially with Disney, but there's other good cruise companies around.

Who is paying for the trip? You or your boys? If it is the boys then they have some input :p otherwise, it's your call. I'd say the 20 year old is lucky you are still taking him, my family vacations ended when I got into college! (except for this next one, 20 years later!)
Robin M.

I agree with Robin. Fun is what you make it...and sometimes doing the same thing over and over gets boring...so do different things...there is so much to do on DCL it seems like you could have fun no matter what...at least IMHO. ::yes::

Reses4 - We were on the June 10th 3 night Wonder with a 16 year old and an almost 20 year old, and although we all had a great time, I can definitely see why your sons (at least the oldest one) might want to try something different. This was our first cruise and it truly was magical, but I wish my oldest had brought along a friend. There really isn't anything for someone that age on Disney. Don't get me wrong, she had fun, and wants to cruise again, but she asked if we could try another cruise line next time. Since she is almost 20, and who knows how many more years she will want to travel with us, I am more than willing to explore other options. After talking to our TA, we've pretty much decided to try the Carnival Miracle next summer. It won't be Disney, and it won't have Mickey, but that's okay because my husband and I will have plenty of years to cruise on Disney once the kids are out on their own.

We are also looking into RCCL for a family cruise..as there seems to be more to do for young people.

Another option..you don't have to cruise with the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter