DCA - what has changed in 2 years

4Parksoneworld

Earning My Ears
Do we still need to wait at rope drop for a FP to RSR? We want to hit RSR, TSM and Soaring; the rest we can play by ear. What is the best way to approach (oh, we are going on a Tuesday, so no extra hr in the AM)

No you don't need to be there at rope drop to ensure a FP for RSR. Assuming you do get there when they open I would go straight to TSMM, then Soarin, then grab a FP for RSR.

even when there is early entry and we can't use it? At 8 when non-hotel guests get in, can we still do TSMM and CA Screamin first and expect to get a RST FP after that? Also, if there is EHM at 7 and we aren't hotel guests, will they still open the Soarin part to us at 7:30am? Thanks.

even when there is early entry and we can't use it? At 8 when non-hotel guests get in, can we still do TSMM and CA Screamin first and expect to get a RST FP after that? Also, if there is EHM at 7 and we aren't hotel guests, will they still open the Soarin part to us at 7:30am? Thanks.
My previous response was based on a Tuesday which is a non EMH day at DCA. If you are going on a EMH day then I'm not too sure. I would think most likely head for a RSR FP then check the lines for the others. Most likely do TSMM, that line never gets short at any point during the day so the earlier the better.

We were in DCA last Wedneday (EMH day and we weren't staying onsite). Since we had two four-year-olds we went for Anna & Elsa and Olaf first and then got distracted and didn't remember until bout 9:45 to get RSR fastpasses. They were going for 3ish then. That was naptime for us so I waited about an hour (maybe more) until they were at 6:20 return time then got ours. We walked by on our way out of the park which was at least 20min after the 12:40 showing of Aladdin ended and I'm pretty sure they still had passes then but I didn't pay close enough attention to say for sure. They were definitely available as late as 11am

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter