DCA is a winner!

PetePanMan

DIS Veteran
Just returned from 4 night trip to DL/DCA after about 9 years (been to WDW 3 times since). DCA is now a real park in it's own right after the various enhancements over the years (eg WOC, Toy Story Mania, Little Mermaid, ToT with multiple drop sequences, Ghiradelli's etc) to go along with Screamin, GRR etc. Carsland addition has incredible atmospehere especially at night. Love Cozy Cones, Flo's V8 diner, Carthay Circle and Starbucks. RSR is great ride with amazing theming. Having two great parks in such close proximity is a real plus. Hats off to Disney.

This is the dream every Disney exec wants to relive each and every day. Glad to hear you're as impressed with the updates as I am.

Just a few short years ago DCA was something we very literally wouldn't cross the street to see. Zero interest. Now our first visit to the reimagined DCA is mere days away and we CANNOT WAIT!! So excited we can barely stand ourselves..... :cloud9:

I'm excited to see the updates, but I'm one of the rare ones who actually liked DCA before! Loved TSMM, WOC, Muppets 3-D, Monsters, Ariels Grotto, screamin, mulholland madness, etc. I also liked that it was never crowded!! I get a bit claustrophobic, and overcrowding makes it hard for me, personally, to enjoy the parks :(. But, I'm sure it'll settle down soon, right? Can't wait to see CL!!

So excited to see it for ourselves. Only 36 more days and we are on our way. So happy to hear that the improvements were worth all the construction.

We actually enjoyed DCA as much as Disneyland. Almost more. As a WDW vet, it felt like they plucked some of the better attractions out of the various WDW parks (Soarin', Toy Story, ToT) and put them in DCA with some other great ones. And World of Color was beyond amazing. That was in the fall so Carsland wasn't even open yet... I can only imagine how it is now. Can't wait to go back!

We actually enjoyed DCA as much as Disneyland. Almost more. As a WDW vet, it felt like they plucked some of the better attractions out of the various WDW parks (Soarin', Toy Story, ToT) and put them in DCA with some other great ones. And World of Color was beyond amazing. That was in the fall so Carsland wasn't even open yet... I can only imagine how it is now. Can't wait to go back!

I agree. We loved DCA before too!!!

Can't wait to see all the changed to DCA. Our last trip to DL wasi n 2009 when DCA was undergoing many renovations and had lots of walls up to cover the construction. December can't get here fast enough!

Psst...I think Soarin' was plucked the other way...DCA --> Epcot. :goodvibes

They each have things we loved, and we spent solid amount of time in both parks....counting the days for us now to see the finished ( is it ever really finished?) prpduct

I'm excited to see the updates, but I'm one of the rare ones who actually liked DCA before! Loved TSMM, WOC, Muppets 3-D, Monsters, Ariels Grotto, screamin, mulholland madness, etc. I also liked that it was never crowded!! I get a bit claustrophobic, and overcrowding makes it hard for me, personally, to enjoy the parks :(. But, I'm sure it'll settle down soon, right? Can't wait to see CL!!

Us too, we've always loved DCA but to see it now it is so amazing!! I'm ready to go back now......LOL

Also our ToT at DCA does not due the random drops like the one in FL. It's really a cheap version of ToT. Not a big fan of the DCA version.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Excited for my first trip to DCA in less than two weeks!! It's been fun to see everyone's reactions to CL and the other new things. We are really looking forward to it.

On my last three trips to DLR, I found myself spending most of my time at DCA. As others have noted, DCA is now a worthy destination apart from DL. Still I would never visit the DLR without spending a least a few hours in DL, where it all began :)

Our family loves DCA. Can't wait to see the latest additions. Hope they figure out the fix for WOC viewing soon!

Tiradan said:
On my last three trips to DLR, I found myself spending most of my time at DCA. As others have noted, DCA is now a worthy destination apart from DL. Still I would never visit the DLR without spending a least a few hours in DL, where it all began :)

We have always spent more time at DCA than at DL; but after this last trip (where we spent about one hour at DL to ride IASW, Pirates and Matterhorn), I'm seriously considering not even buying park hopper tickets for our next trip. I'm sure I'll get rotten tomatoes thrown at me for saying this, but DL just feels old (and crowded) to me. Even the parade is better at DCA - the one presently at DL is so boring. My DD is past the princess phase so Pixar characters are where it's at for us!

We really enjoyed DCA for the first time last year (more than we were anticipating) I cannot WAIT to see it with Carsland this year. Seriously can't wait!

With the recent improvements to DCA it now even more apparent just how much WDW's Disney Hollywood Studio's needs a major upgrade. It will be interesting to see if rumours of Carsland being developed at DHS will come true (my bet is yes)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter